+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why take so long to complete after getting AIP ?

D

darumal

Hi,

I got AIP in Sept 09 and CIC is waiting for my background checks. I called CIC yesterday and was told that the checks was completed in Nov. Yet, they are still reviewing my file but no additional info is required to submit. Hence, my file is still not yet be transferred to local office.

I want to know why they are still reviewing on my file as long as no additional info nor background checks are required. I'm a little bit worry and anxious whether they start to overview all the doc. from the starting point cuz the age difference among my partner.

Btw, my medical check-up was conducted Jan 09, do i need to do another body check as it has been conducted just for more than 1 years.

Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

darumal said:
Hi,

I got AIP in Sept 09 and CIC is waiting for my background checks. I called CIC yesterday and was told that the checks was completed in Nov. Yet, they are still reviewing my file but no additional info is required to submit. Hence, my file is still not yet be transferred to local office.

I want to know why they are still reviewing on my file as long as no additional info nor background checks are required. I'm a little bit worry and anxious whether they start to overview all the doc. from the starting point cuz the age difference among my partner.

Btw, my medical check-up was conducted Jan 09, do i need to do another body check as it has been conducted just for more than 1 years.

Thanks.
1. It depends on the office where you application is, if it is Calgary, Etobicoke, Mississauga then there is a long wait for "landing" interview.
2. CIC will extend the medical an extra year if you are in Canada.

PMM

D

darumal

THanks for your prompt reply, PMM.

My inland application is submitted to Vegreville and I live in Vancouver. So, where is my local office? Is it a busy and long wait for landing office?

I noted some inlander apply for FOSS note, what is it? Does it help to expedilite to our application?

Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

darumal said:
THanks for your prompt reply, PMM.

My inland application is submitted to Vegreville and I live in Vancouver. So, where is my local office? Is it a busy and long wait for landing office?

I noted some inlander apply for FOSS note, what is it? Does it help to expedilite to our application?

Thanks.
1. Vancouver, reasonable wait for "landing" interview month or two.
2. No, it just tells you what stage your application is at and if Vegreville has found any problems.

PMM

Lylyth

Star Member
Sep 15, 2009
Does anyone know where is the nearest local office in Saskatchewan (hour out of Saskatoon to be exact) if the paperwork is transferred?

D

darumal

Just checked my online status, it just turns to "decision made" and the letter was sent yesterday! I can't help brusting out crying but it is a joyful tears.

Btw, I am holding vistor visa to Canada & I plan to back home to relocate all my belonging to Canada. I want to know whether those stuffs are "tax exemption" if I send them back within 6 months once my PR status is confirmed.

Thanks very much!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

darumal said:
Just checked my online status, it just turns to "decision made" and the letter was sent yesterday! I can't help brusting out crying but it is a joyful tears.

Btw, I am holding vistor visa to Canada & I plan to back home to relocate all my belonging to Canada. I want to know whether those stuffs are "tax exemption" if I send them back within 6 months once my PR status is confirmed.

Thanks very much!
Yes, you just submit a "Goods to Follow List" to CBSA See: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/menu-eng.html You want the B4 and the B4A

PMM