+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why reject student visa?

Justify

Jun 24, 2016
Hello People
Well Im a newish PR. Got married an year back outside Canada.
In order to get around long processing time of spouse visa and live in different countries, we applied for a study visa as she anyway had to go for a Master degree. She not only got accepted by a good Uni but with a scholarship and teaching assistantship. And yesterday they refused her visa. I am shocked. WHo refuses a student visa? Is it because your spouse is PR in the same country where you are studying? I can anyway get a spouse visa for her eventually, so studying is not an excuse for staying in Canada.
Reasons they give:
a) insufficient funds to pay the fee (when sha has a scholarship paying off a majority of it, and either of our individual bank statements are enough to pay the rest)
b)Not satisfied you'll leave Canada at the end of stay, because I) your travel history (II) Family ties in Canada or country of residence (III) Employment prospects in country of residence (iv) Current employment situation (v) Personal assets and financial status.
Our financial status is decent. I work as a University professor. She teaches too. We have been working for more than five years continuously. So we ARE sufficiently stable financially. Additionally she has a house of her own, so what more? She is just looking for a student visa not buy off Google! :(

dpo

Mar 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The obvious reason is that you have a PR. They know that she won't be going back. That's the only reason.

Rate the post if it helps..!!

Justify

Jun 24, 2016
Thanks for the reponse.
Is PR the same as Spouse Visa? Assuming it is, does it mean that I'll have to leave my wife behind for years till they give the PR? From what I read in various posts here, she most likely can't visit me if her PR application is in progress as again it is automatically assumed that she won't return.