+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why not a bond system in this country/

Latigo

Jun 9, 2016
I have applied for a visitor visa for my GF from the Philippines. I have not yet gotten an answer but it has only been a few days. I have a statement more than a question here.
WHY !! do we not have an option of posting a refundable bond to ensure that the visa applicant leave the country on time.??

I have written to Immigration Canada asking why this is not an option but I never recieved an answer to that question. I would like to read others opinions on this matter. I think it would be a pretty simple thing to put up a cash bond and have it refunded when the visa applicant left the country.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
That is not practicable?

Latigo

Jun 9, 2016
Why is it not practicable? Pretty easy to do. If you put up a security of $5000 to $ 10000 then the host would be reasonably sure to send the applicant home or at least legally apply for the extension or other type of entry permit. I would personally have no issue with this option. If the applicant did not leave on time the money is forfeited.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Personally, I doubt it will be considered leave aside get implemented.

A couple of years ago, the UK government tried to introduce a visitor "security bond" scheme for visitors from 'high risk countries'..... particularly those from India, Pakistan and Nigeria.

The bond amount of £3000 was to be paid prior to visiting the UK..... and would be refunded after the validity of the visit visa expired (without any interest earned on that amount). This bond was later reduced to £1000..... but the scheme was not implemented.

For anyone with a history of visiting the UK regularly (and not a one-off visit) this £3000 would have been locked-in indefinitely with the UK government.

Visitors - particularly those from India - were outraged..... and the number of investments in the UK (by Indian businessmen) + students wanting to study in the UK dropped.

Finally, the UK government had to scrap this idea completely.

If someone wishes to remain illegally in a country, they will do so.... bond or no bond.... and in the *scheme* of someone wanting to remain illegally, £3000 or £1000 is no deterrent

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Bryanna said:
Personally, I doubt it will be considered leave aside get implemented.

A couple of years ago, the UK government tried to introduce a visitor "security bond" scheme for visitors from 'high risk countries'..... particularly those from India, Pakistan and Nigeria.

The bond amount of £3000 was to be paid prior to visiting the UK..... and would be refunded after the validity of the visit visa expired (without any interest earned on that amount). This bond was later reduced to £1000..... but the scheme was not implemented.

For anyone with a history of visiting the UK regularly (and not a one-off visit) this £3000 would have been locked-in indefinitely with the UK government.

Visitors - particularly those from India - were outraged..... and the number of investments in the UK (by Indian businessmen) + students wanting to study in the UK dropped.

Finally, the UK government had to scrap this idea completely.

If someone wishes to remain illegally in a country, they will do so.... bond or no bond.... and in the *scheme* of someone wanting to remain illegally, £3000 or £1000 is no deterrent
I agree with the last comment that those among us that are not entirely honest will see this as a way to remain in the country illegally for a relatively small sum that they would be prepared to lose. OK they would be illegal but for some thats the only way they can get into the country and they are prepared to take the risk of avoiding deportation for as long as possible.

tajinder107

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Do you know bryanna there are very few illegal persons in Germany becoz they check people on road , at stations, cafes etc.There is no checking in Canada , Usa or uk so these are high risk countries .If police do regular check up there would be less illegals

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Tajinder,

British immigration enforcement teams regularly raid Asian restaurants, takeaways and petrol stations... i.e. Indian/ Pakistan/Sri Lankan and Chinese establishments.... to check if illegal immigrants are working there. The owners are fined heavily.

While some people attempt to enter UK borders illegally in the back of trucks/containers at Felixstowe, Harwich, Dartford Crossing, etc..... there are some visitors who overstay their visit visas

Cheers