+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why need to pay CPP and EI when working on closed work permit

Oct 22, 2018
Hi,
Can somebody explain that why need to pay CPP and EI when working on a closed work permit.

I am working in Ontario since Jan 2018 with closed work permit which means I have to work with only one company mentioned on the work permit.

My employer transferred me to Canada for a year.

I feel it is unfair to pay the premium for CPP and EI when there is no chance to get benefits

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,
Can somebody explain that why need to pay CPP and EI when working on a closed work permit.

I am working in Ontario since Jan 2018 with closed work permit which means I have to work with only one company mentioned on the work permit.

I feel it is unfair to pay the premium for CPP and EI when there is no chance to get benefits
Unfair, maybe, but mandatory, yes.
https://www.getsmarteraboutmoney.ca/plan-manage/planning-basics/understanding-tax/understanding-the-tax-deductions-on-your-pay-stub/

sinrit

Oct 18, 2018
Hi,

You do not need to pay CPP if you get certificate from EPFO in India that your contributions are being received from them or you are covered their. The applicable EPFO fee for this service is Rs 10,000 and called "Certificate of Coverage".