+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why my wife and I are required to attend to the VISA interview in Detroit

Jan 20, 2010
Hi there:

I have Canadian PR and my wife life down in FL, USA(She is a Green Card holder). I'm bringing her here with my daugther. The process is almost done and she is having the VISA interview in Detroit on February. Any ideas why they asked me on the letter to go with her to this Interview, as far as I know for some friends that brought their wifes from Philipines their were not required to attend at that time???

Thanks in advance for your help.

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Each case is different. Do what they say. (We had to sign and return a form that the instructions specifically said not to include.)

Jan 20, 2010
YorkFactory said:
Each case is different. Do what they say. (We had to sign and return a form that the instructions specifically said not to include.)
Thank you for your answer. We will do that. The only problem is that I need to go and get a VISA from U.S. Consulate in Toronto for this and takes a lot of time to get one. Let see what happen.

Ha Nguyen

Star Member
Nov 9, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
File Transfer...
Mar-2017
Did you apply outland in Detroit?
I am having an interview in Buffalo, NY. They says in the letter that, you are required to attend an interview, Your sponsor MAY also attend.
So what is the different? I think if my husband (Canadian citizen) go with me, I dont know if they let him in or not?
If they interview both of you seperately, they want to match the answers from both of you. So be good prepared!

Jan 20, 2010
Ha Nguyen said:
Did you apply outland in Detroit?
I am having an interview in Buffalo, NY. They says in the letter that, you are required to attend an interview, Your sponsor MAY also attend.
So what is the different? I think if my husband (Canadian citizen) go with me, I dont know if they let him in or not?
If they interview both of you seperately, they want to match the answers from both of you. So be good prepared!
Thanks for your answer. They said in our letter you and your sponsor are required to attend. So it means that we have to. I filed the sponsorship process in Ontario, Canada. Let me know how yours go.