+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why my TRV application sent from Ottawa to Los Angeles???

ethanfun

Oct 30, 2013
Hi everyone,

I have lived in Canada for five years as a worker (Medical doctor). I have never have any problem with my TRV application over the years in CIC offices abroad. Now that I applied within Canada to the Ottawa office, they reply:

IN ORDER TO DETERMINE YOUR ADMISSIBILITY TO CANADA YOUR FILE WAS TRANSFERRED TO OUR CIC OFFICE IN LOS ANGELES. YOU WILL HERE FORM THEM WITHIN 30 DAYS.

I hold a valid work permit until June 30, 2014 and also a TRP. Any idea why this is happening to me, and why particularly the offcie in Los Angeles??

Thank you all,
Ethan

231baracy

Nov 28, 2013
Bro Please Update us if you have heard from the consulate in los angeles. were you requested to summit additional document ?? or where you called for an interview??? your reply would be highly appreciated unfortunately i am in the same situation right now. i dont understand how canada runs their immigration service now. its disappointing . SMH

231baracy

Nov 28, 2013
Bro Please Update us if you have heard from the consulate in los angeles. were you requested to summit additional document ?? or where you called for an interview??? your reply would be highly appreciated unfortunately i am in the same situation right now. i dont understand how canada runs their immigration service now. its disappointing . SMH

vb1984

Jan 6, 2014
Hi

I am in the same boat....i got a letter saying that my TRV application has been transferred from ottawa to los angeles and returned my passport back to me...i have no idea why this happened....i have all-ready booked my flight back home for 5 feb 2014..........could u kindly share what is going to happen now......

Thanks

tanur

Jun 19, 2014
my TRV application being send to los angels .

I have valid work permit and applied for my TRV to visit my country back home,but i got my pasport and a letter saying that my application is referred to los angeles office .does any one know about this?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Re: my TRV application being send to los angels .

tanur said:
I have valid work permit and applied for my TRV to visit my country back home,but i got my pasport and a letter saying that my application is referred to los angeles office .does any one know about this?
It has been happening in some cases. Sometimes CIC gets flooded and when they can't handle all of them they get redirected so you get faster service.

You just got unlucky.

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ironically, I applied from the US and got my visa stamped in Ottawa!
I have applied from different countries before and always the visa was stamped at the embassy.

mreda87

Feb 14, 2013
Would anyone please update me on what happened with your application? My husband is having the same problem and he really needs the TRV for training purposes in the states.

anacmw

Oct 30, 2014
Hi guys, can anyone please update me on what happened with your file after it was transferred to LA?
Did you have to attend an interview? How long did it take?

I'm supposed to fly back home in a month and now I'm kinda of desperate!

I have a WP valid for 2 years and I'm currently waiting for my PR to be processed.

Thanks so much!!

Ana

Rov

Apr 13, 2013
Hi Anna,

I know its been years since u posted this but please help me. I am in the same boat right now and I dont know why they transferred my trv application to LA and personal interview is deemed necessary. I dont want to take risks going there without any guarranty that they will approve my visa. What if they dont, how can I come back in Canada. I am legal here with open work permit until Aug2019. Pr application in process. I have a 4month old canadian citizen baby and I am on Mat.leave right now. Please reply. Pls pls

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi Anna,

I know its been years since u posted this but please help me. I am in the same boat right now and I dont know why they transferred my trv application to LA and personal interview is deemed necessary. I dont want to take risks going there without any guarranty that they will approve my visa. What if they dont, how can I come back in Canada. I am legal here with open work permit until Aug2019. Pr application in process. I have a 4month old canadian citizen baby and I am on Mat.leave right now. Please reply. Pls pls
1. As you have legal status in Canada, you can return to Canada within the validity of your work permit as long as you only visit the US.

Rov

Apr 13, 2013
Hi

1. As you have legal status in Canada, you can return to Canada within the validity of your work permit as long as you only visit the US.
Hi Anna, I appreciate your reply. Thank u so much!
What if they wont approve my trv? Can I still co
Hi

Hi

1. As you have legal status in Canada, you can return to Canada within the validity of your work permit as long as you only visit the US.[/QUOTE

Thank u Anna for your reply.
You mean to say that I can re enter Canada without TRV? Assuming that they wont approve my trv.