+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why Line 4 in ECAS has been omited (4.your file was transfered to the local)

Samira2008

Jun 20, 2015
Has anybody encountered the same situation as I did? Actually I checked my ECAS and I noticed that the line 4 which says "your file was transferred to local office" was omitted. I am wondering what is happening to my file. I ll appreciate any info from you guys.

halim21

Jun 26, 2015
I am experiencing the same problem. Wondering why? I don't see lot of people having this issue. Line4 is suddenly disappeared.

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Samira2008 said:
Has anybody encountered the same situation as I did? Actually I checked my ECAS and I noticed that the line 4 which says "your file was transferred to local office" was omitted. I am wondering what is happening to my file. I ll appreciate any info from you guys.
Hi, that usually means that somebody is working on your file.

rmust

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2011
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2012
Med's Request
27-March-2012
Med's Done....
31-March-2012
Passport Req..
22-June-12
VISA ISSUED...
27-July-12 (received Aug 2)
LANDED..........
04-Aug-12
If you read through the different discussions, you will see that this is a very common thing that a lot of people have experienced in the last 1-2 weeks (including my self).

CIC had some technical issues recently and was working on their IT, which may have resulted in this mass removal of the Local Office Transfer line from a lot of peoples ECAS.

Sonia08

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
abdul560 said:
are you sure about this ? have you experienced the same thing ?
The 4th line disappeared from my daughters application about 2 weeks ago and today her status was updated with a test date. This is first hand information. I am not sure if it's a technical issue or operational.

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abdul560 said:
Yes, every time that some line disappeared I received notifications from CIC a couple of weeks later. Last time, it was my oath invitation.

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zumba369 said:
Yes, every time that some line disappeared I received notifications from CIC a couple of weeks later. Last time, it was my oath invitation.
thanks for the feedback

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
So. if a disappeared line means they are working on it, what do they do with it at the local office? I thought they already did background and Clearance checks at Sydney before they sent it on to the local office...

Do they have a simple level at Sydney (clearances and such) and more complex ones at the office level?

In any event, this is encouraging...

LANCAY

Jan 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abdul560 said:
Mine been dissapeared for almost 2 months!