+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why is your family member visiting Canada?

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Hello guys I am applying student visa with my spouse too. I am filling this question regarding spouse. I would like to apply for TRV initial . what will be the correct option ? is it visit- all other type ?

Why is your family member visiting Canada?

1> visit -tourism
2> visit- all other type
3> work in work permit exempt catageroy
4> work (labor market)
5> work with open permit
6> transit
Your spouse will get an open work permit if a professional and has been working, otherwise the spouse will get a TRV. Your children who are not going to school will get TRV (temporary resident visa), and your children going to school will get a study permit.

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Hi

Kindly can you explain me what should we choose if my spouse have a writte job offer too?
I'm the first aplicant
You should apply for work permit then

I am sure you can also go for open work permit and mention that he/she has an joh offer should probably improve your chances for visa

sadhat9391

May 20, 2022
I'm applying for a work permit with a 3-year LMIA from outside Canada. I want to apply for entry visa for my spouse and 2-year daughter to come co Canada with me. I applied through online portal which list the documents needed to be submitted.

all of my questions are belong to My spouse and daughter's forms.

1- I Have selected "Visit- All other type" in online questionnaire , about my spouse and daughter; "Why is your family member visiting Canada? ". is this a right selection for my spouse?
2- at the nest stages, it seems I have to submit form 5257E for both my spouse and daughter. completing the 5257E form for my spouse, section "details of your visit to Canada" , "purpose of my visit" I have selected "Other" commented with "Accompanying my husband who is applying for work permit". is this a right selection?
3- regarding the duration of stay for my spouse, should I use the dates from my own LMIA form?
4- what about the field "Fund available for my stay"?
5- what about the field "Name , Address and relationship of any person I will visit"

Reza1365@

Jan 21, 2023
Hello guys
Could you please help me to answer this question "Why is your family member visiting Canada? " for my daughter
She is 6 years old and maybe next semester she has to go to elementary school. Do you think I should choose Visit-All other types?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello guys
Could you please help me to answer this question "Why is your family member visiting Canada? " for my daughter
She is 6 years old and maybe next semester she has to go to elementary school. Do you think I should choose Visit-All other types?
Assume you are an international student who has over 6 months left in the program but preferably 2 semesters or more. To get approved as a family member the student should have at least 6 months left of their program. Would add that visas and permits are not guaranteed for family members of international students. You will also need to show extra savings to show you can support your child because things like childcare is expensive.

Any child over 4 should apply for a study permit unless they are only coming to Canada temporarily for a visit. Although some documents still say only a TRV is needed many VOs are refusing the TRV applications and telling families to apply for study permits. You don’t need a letter of acceptance from a school. You can specify that your child will attend the local school.

Reza1365@

Jan 21, 2023
Thank you for taking the time to answer. But I'm still confused about how to answer the question. I will be in Quebec for at least 1 year with a work permit. During this time my family (spouse and daughter) accompanied me here. For my spouse, I chose "Work With an Open Work permit" but I'm still struggling to know which I have to choose for my daughter. I'm sure she has to go to primary school during the time that I'm in Canada. I don't know which one is consistent with her : Visit or Visit-All other types or Study more than 6 months"