+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why is there such approval and processing variance between Visa Offices

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
ParadiseCrystals said:
OH MY GOD I JUST CHECKED NOW IT'S MAX TIME 25 MONTHS!!! THEY KEEP ADDING MONTHS!!!!!
OH I know.. what is that BS about re-unifying families in a short amoutn of time!?? How can it possibly take that long to process a file, when many offices are done within 12 weeks (3 months) or less!???? How is that fair!?

My MP told me that it can 'take' up to 24 months to process, but the actual processing time is less than a few months in actuality. The extra time is usually waiting for a file to be assigned OR security clearance - but even that is not a huge drain of time.

I would request CAIPS to know what stage your file is actually at [by what the system says], and if things are not moving along as you would like...contact your MP and raise h@ll.

ParadiseCrystals

Feb 23, 2009
Actually I got my Caips notes last week and it showed they last opened the file on May 22nd...and it didnt say when they will open it again. Then BDEC...no backround decision yet...They are STILL doing their fake backround checks to waste time. I also Faxed CSIS June 6th still they did not get back to me.

Visa offices lie and they lose things. One time my husband sent them a police certificate which was original but they say it was a "copy". And they still held their word it was a COPY! it was NOT a copy. My husband had the copy and they had the real thing but probably lost it. I wish they endure the same pain we endure to at least feel with us. Maybe the process will change like that..THIS SUCKS! I guess I will have to travel to Lebanon with a baby just to see my husband..they have to make our life harder..they just have too...

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Your husband lives in Lebanon. The process in Damascus is much faster. I'm Lebanese as well my husband. His application was sent to Damascus around May 17 and already received a request to pick up his passport but of course now they misplaced it or lost it god knows..
Good luck and congratulations on your baby!!!
I'm leaving to Lebanon in September to visit and have a real honeymoon with my husband. Hopefully they will find his passport because we are planning coming back together.

genio

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
ParadizeCrysta,,that is what blew me away, a lot of visa offices now say it is taking months longer, and of course as Rasha knows, a few select offices still zip people through in 3-4 months. I heard something before that the gov't wanted to improve the immigration system so that it would usually be 6 months maximum for everyone. This is obviously not a real priority with the gov't.I realize with the recession etc.,they have a lot to deal with, but Canada is built on immigration. As was written before, if visa offices do "mysteriously" process quicker after audits, maybe they need more frequent audits or suffer some consequences. It is bordering on cruelty to hold out sites proclaiming come to wonderful Canada, but by the way,,you may have to wait 2 years for your spouse. Soooo easy to vent over this ):

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Forgive me as I say this, but what ever happened to re-unifying husbands and wives who are separated!?? Despite the process really being for them first, namely husband and wifes who are living separately...it would appear that we are the types of cases getting passed over last. If you are living with your spouse - you are lucky and God bless you, but why is there privilege with that? Why is say a PR penalized because they cannot live with their spouse during the process? And the list goes on............

genio

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
In my situation, time is of the essence. If I were maybe 30 ish,1-2 years apart would suck, but still many years ahead to enjoy each other. At my age, I just don't have lots of years left. I need my wife to help work out our future together financailly and I have a new little daughter who needs her father in her life. So yes, I thought re-uniting a family would be a real priority. Even economically speaking, happy couples would have more energy to work, perhaps start up new business, every one would benefit. In my small area, the fact is former immigrants, many european, german/swiss/portuguese and yes a few latinos , mexico etc.,,are the ones to often start new business. By speeding up the process, ( and of course weeding out bad cases in the process), we are investing in Canada's future . (Oh, my wife is only 7 years younger, not as it could appear, many many years difference :)

ParadiseCrystals

Feb 23, 2009
Actually my husband lives in Africa, DRC congo...and if I knew it would take that long in Kenya I would have went through Damascus..anyways...who knows maybe Damascus would have took long also because I am just waiting on a backround check because he has lived in 3 places in his life so a check for each one..thats why its taking forever...now it's with CSIS..it's up to them..and probably if it went through Syria I would wait for backround check too..do u think so?

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
just a thought paradise...he might be living there in Congo, but he is lebanese citizen, surely he can inquire to has his file transferred. If he is willing to travel to lebanon for any interviews etc... then it might speed things up, is that a possibility?

ParadiseCrystals

Feb 23, 2009
Thanks Rasha. They have been doing backround checks since August 08. And they said in their last email they are awaiting those results to then give a visa. If I were to switch offices, wouldnt that delay further because the officers have to get aquainted with our file? Then just the process of switching takes time probably? So far, 17 months in process in Kenya...and the time goes on..