+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

why is the embassy holding my passport for so long

sameer2013

May 20, 2013
hi everyone
I am very concerned about my file in New Delhi office. I received a PPR letter on MArch 16th, 2013 and I sent my passport on March 22nd. Because I am not an Indian citizen so I had to travel from Afghanistan to India. The embassy is holding my passport from then and now my visit visa for India is expiring in next two weeks. As I was issued only 3 months indian visitor visa from Afghanistan. does anyone know what should I do? I emailed the New Delhi office many times but as usual they did not reply.
Please guide me what should I do. I cant travel any where and if they did not return my passport back before my visa expires I will be in a big trouble :(

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
sameer2013 said:
hi everyone
I am very concerned about my file in New Delhi office. I received a PPR letter on MArch 16th, 2013 and I sent my passport on March 22nd. Because I am not an Indian citizen so I had to travel from Afghanistan to India. The embassy is holding my passport from then and now my visit visa for India is expiring in next two weeks. As I was issued only 3 months indian visitor visa from Afghanistan. does anyone know what should I do? I emailed the New Delhi office many times but as usual they did not reply.
Please guide me what should I do. I cant travel any where and if they did not return my passport back before my visa expires I will be in a big trouble :(
Sorry to hear about your situation.New Delhi office requests for Passport submission very very early during the file processing ..Its been 8 months since they have my passport and I cant do anything...They wont reply or answer to the email..I dont know what to suggest you and hope you get your pp back as soon as possible...

maplegal86

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Request
07-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-05-2012. Remed: 10-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
sameer2013 said:
hi everyone
You need to write an email to CHC NDVO and tell them that your visit visa is expiring and you need your passport back. Request them to send you a final PPR when they are ready to issue the visa. For this you may have to go down to New Delhi and hand over your passport, you'll get it back within 24 hours, from what I have heard from past forum members.