+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why is security not starting?

winterdiva

Dec 18, 2017
London
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
I think the problem relies on the fact that only security remains, and since early November. It's been 3 months without any update... I could receive the PPR anytime from 'now' to 'next year'.
Exactly. My criminality was passed in October and MEP on 4-Nov. My file wasn’t touched since then!

guster325

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
Yes I am inland. DM = decision made. When was the last time you ordered GCMS notes? Sometimes we have seen when GCMS notes has been ordered and if there is pending updates then the officer sometimes go ahead and make the updates. However, keep in mind that this has not been verified in any way and everything could have been merely being coincidence.

If you have not ordered GCMS notes in a while then I would say to give it a shot if possible.
I ordered one today, but the last one was from December 10th, so by then an agent had the opportunity to start the security (or flag for it). I also called IRCC on December 21st and on January 28th, and send CSE last week. No movements so far.

guster325

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
Did you get your PR now? I'm in the same situation. 7 months pass, security not started ...
My PPR came just before my 7th month, in February. My BG had already started by then, but only my criminality, not my security. And it remained like that until I received an ghost update, and minutes later my PPR.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I'm closing in on 7 months and security still not started for me. Although the agent said background check is going on, eligibility recommended pass and criminality passed.

It's indeed very frustrating!!

Reactions: lina_ballerina

sham96

May 20, 2019
Mine is 8 months down and stuck at security not started. I have heard that there are more number of delays since a year. Hopefully it finishes soon

absz

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
My PPR came just before my 7th month, in February. My BG had already started by then, but only my criminality, not my security. And it remained like that until I received an ghost update, and minutes later my PPR.
Hey I received following email, please suggest what it means where is the file currently?

‘Thank you for your enquiry. We can confirm that background checks are in progress. We are unable to determine what stage the checks are at, and are only notified once the checks are complete.

The length of time required for background checks and applications can vary based on a number of factors including applicants' background and history. This process must complete its course and the results must be favourable before any further processing can take place on this application.

We understand that waiting for progress updates is difficult and we appreciate your continued patience during this process. We will contact you as soon as the results for the background checks have been received.

Kind regards’

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Guys, Guys, Guys. Keep it easy.

When Criminality is "passed" automatically they will run your security check, this can take between 2 days to 2 years depending on YOUR records. If you have travel to some countries (red flag countries), if you have relatives or connections with people that has been identified as a terrorist or with problems in any other country.... that will take time.

Usually Security does not show "In progress", because is something that IRCC does not control. It is done by the CBSA and the CSIS, they do the analysis according with the information provided by the ally countries (FBIA, CIA, INTERPOL, etc). The average is 2 weeks.

The best option is to order the GCMS notes, this triggers actions, why? because the officer needs to review the file before sending the notes, and that might trigger other pending actions. You can order this notes every month if you want. The officer CA NOT take negative actions on your file, he will get fired if he does.

So, usually that's why you won't see in this last process the "in progress" status... it will jump automatically to PPR. (If you have paid your PR fee).

So remember... after MEP, BCS (Criminality), PCC (Police Clearance) is done an review... give it 1 or two months and request the notes every month.

morteza.bsh

Jan 14, 2019

When Criminality is "passed" automatically they will run your security check, this can take between 2 days to 2 years depending on YOUR records. If you have travel to some countries (red flag countries), if you have relatives or connections with people that has been identified as a terrorist or with problems in any other country.... that will take time.

Usually Security does not show "In progress", because is something that IRCC does not control. It is done by the CBSA and the CSIS, they do the analysis according with the information provided by the ally countries (FBIA, CIA, INTERPOL, etc). The average is 2 weeks.

The best option is to order the GCMS notes, this triggers actions, why? because the officer needs to review the file before sending the notes, and that might trigger other pending actions. You can order this notes every month if you want. The officer CA NOT take negative actions on your file, he will get fired if he does.

So, usually that's why you won't see in this last process the "in progress" status... it will jump automatically to PPR. (If you have paid your PR fee).

So remember... after MEP, BCS (Criminality), PCC (Police Clearance) is done an review... give it 1 or two months and request the notes every month.
To who should I communicate to request the notes?

vmanojk123

Aug 3, 2018
7 months in and security hasn't started yet. Fsw inland here
hey .. i am of the same situation, when did you get your copr then finally? M just super frustrated that its like 7 months and security not started. Any suggestions l?

GeoV

Star Member
May 31, 2019

Good day,
I would appreciate your response on the below if possible
SINP-OID stream
AR-March 2019
AOR May 2019
MP October 2019
ADR received on 29 OCT( Updated Sech A and PCC) and the BG message changed to * Your application in progress* same day
Pre arrival letter 30 OCT
ADR uploaded on 10 NOV , 2 days later docs status changed to we are reviewing
since then no changes?
-any ideas what is the status ?
-what to expect ?
- what is estimated timeline for PPR?
- Does the BG need to re change to Ip2- * we are processing* or the PPR can land on the current IP1 BG status
It been frustrating moments here.
Thanks ahead

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Good day,
I would appreciate your response on the below if possible
SINP-OID stream
AR-March 2019
AOR May 2019
MP October 2019
ADR received on 29 OCT( Updated Sech A and PCC) and the BG message changed to * Your application in progress* same day
Pre arrival letter 30 OCT
ADR uploaded on 10 NOV , 2 days later docs status changed to we are reviewing
since then no changes?
-any ideas what is the status ?
-what to expect ?
- what is estimated timeline for PPR?
- Does the BG need to re change to Ip2- * we are processing* or the PPR can land on the current IP1 BG status
It been frustrating moments here.
Thanks ahead
You will have to submit your PCC, once you do it, they will change your BG status, automatically SS will start but the status will not be updated. That is made by a third party, so usually officials forget to set the status to “In Progress”. This step could take an average of 4 weeks if there is no issues with your name in other countries., once the SS is done, 2 weeks from there and you will receive the “golden email” (PPR), be sure to pay the fee beforehand if not you will have the request first and that might delay your PPR. From there just 4 to 5 weeks once you send your paper work to receive your CoPR. And Done, less than 3 months you will receive your PR Card, the average is 6 weeks now.

NaughtyGoodman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Methinks I'm on the same boat. Any news from the people who posted in 2019? I received my CBSA notes recently. It turns out that the CBSA received a request for my security check in Feb 2019 with a due date for Feb 2020. However, my security check has still not started (Jan 2021).

Is there anyone else with a similar case?

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
Methinks I'm on the same boat. Any news from the people who posted in 2019? I received my CBSA notes recently. It turns out that the CBSA received a request for my security check in Feb 2019 with a due date for Feb 2020. However, my security check has still not started (Jan 2021).

Is there anyone else with a similar case?
You’re almost certainly in security screening (google or read about it in other threads, discussed a lot).

Security rarely ever shows anything other than “not started” even though it’s definitely in process. Some people get “in progress”, but it’s also another sign of security screening. For most people it’s “not started” until you get approved, then blank once after approval.