+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why I immigrate to Canada

Raindrop73

Nov 29, 2008
BCguy..I found your comment offensive...China is not as you descibe it, and Canada is not heaven though.

Canada is not the place of prosperity nor China is the place of sickness. From where you come up with such a conclusion !

Every country, and human, has his good and bad issues..and China, in many ways of life, is far better than Canada...History and tradition are just simple examples.

I am not from China..and I lived in Canada for 1 1/2 year..and I know what I a talking about...Canada is a 'good' place..not more than that.

Thanks

C

cajoejoe

hmmm, (made this comment in a different thread thought it would be another prospective)

As American citizen. Reason being moving to Canada not only the economy has gone sour, and not sitting on my thumbs to see if it gets any better. My personal choice is to start a family. At the end of the day is it worth it? everyone has a unique reasons, but be humble, if it meant to be it will be. if not dont fight the tides.

That's my two cents.
~j

aurobind

Nov 23, 2008
I had read Alex_car and the complete website Not Canada dot com. My opinion to the web site is, while it may project some incidents of failed expectations of a few, one should not take it as it is the fate of all. In most of the postings and the words of those who agree with that site belong to a group who has very high expectation and high level of pessimism. They have only searched what others and system can do for them. They have not analyzed, what is wrong with them for the failure. While Prem may have to move snow, he did not mentally make it that it is a phase and he should learn even that as it may be useful later.
I have many who have moved to Canada and it is a mixture of success and failures. Since most of them had worked with me and on analysis of the individuals I categorize them into two. One group which has high energy and out going and willing to take challenges and the others were more waiting for things to fall into their lap. The first group could settle down fast with initial low start but could push themselves to be winners and is now helping many to go through this phase of initial learning curve. While others waited, complained and whined for every thing that was going bad in their life. Most of them are still struggling. Even when they were from the same qualification, same city, same age group and similar in many ways except their outlook of life.
There is an accounts person at the same time with almost same qualification of Perm (Not Canada fame) who also landed at the same time throwing his General Manager Accounts Middle east Region job to land in AB, took up CAD 6/- per hr in Canpost to begin with and today he has seven super market chain outlets in AB. Who is to be blamed? Prem or his attitude?
While I agree with some short fall of the system of CIC approvals due to which the qualified gets cleared and the shortfall for semi/unskilled jobs remain vacant. The requirement of semi/unskilled jobs in the country is not being met with the level of education and higher cost of living that is prevalent. CIC may not be interested in giving clearances for such applications which may dilute the class in Canada. But they should also understand that if the lower level of educated mass is absent or low in a country, the need for fulfilling that gap remains the responsibility of the Govt to introduce a much needed process.
To look positive of this situation, at least those jobs are there to begin with. May be driving a taxi or flipping burger, there has to be someone doing it.
As any employer would do, to take someone new to his firm, he would take risk with newcomers only in less risky jobs. What ever may be your qualification and credentials. So what is wrong if you have to prove in a new environment? Take it as a challenge and be a winner.

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Well guys, when i talked of Canada not being a third world Country , ofcourse i meant the standard of living are not the same as those of the third world Country.Talking about freedom, danger, etc, it all depends on how we defind those things.All these things exist everywhere, the only difference is Canada may have a better way to deal with them more than how the third world Countries would deal with them.

Like i said earlier, i am in China, but i am not a Chinese, so probably some of you think because my username is "Chinaconnection" maybe i am a Chinese. Also, i understood that BCGUY just gave a generalized statement. He didn't point directly to China.Ofcourse no Country is heaven. The only Heaven i know is the place where God is and it is always said that God is everywhere, so anybody can make his/her heaven anywhere if there is the means.

Thanks.

Raindrop73

Nov 29, 2008
rupeshhari,

Another question! Who told you or the BCguy that the 'third world' is fairly described as a home for sickness, danger or crime !!! I think BCguy and many others are affected by the media which sells such ' inaccurate r' image.

For your knowledge, many countries in the third world are mush safer than Canada or any other western world countries. In many third world countries, despite the poverty and the very hard living conditions, people live like one family...children can play outside till late hours without the fear of getting kidnapped, which is not the case in many NICE countries, UK is an example. At least in these countries one knows who his neighbor is, which is not the case in many other places

Your example of the movement between A and B countries as a measure to the quality of life has some truth on it, but there are other faces of the story. Each immigrant has his own reasons to why he chooses to move from A to B. These reasons do not, necessarily, reflect the balance which you mentioned. In other words, one can leave from a better place (in terms of honor, morals, social life, and many other valuable values) to a place less in such values of life, only for reasons beyond his control. This explains why most immigrants keep their own traditions and way of life even after they landed in other countries.

Hoping this explains my definition to the 'better' A or B.

By the way, I really respect the old Native Indian of Canada and their traditions. What I meant is that it is not fair to describe the ' third world countries' with such a narrow minded description.

That is it.

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There were two mice who fell in a bucket of milk.

The first mouse tried to swim and kick but gave up so quickly that he drowned.

The second mouse did not know how to swim but he kicked and kicked and kicked like he has never done before... until... he realized he had turned the milk into butter and managed to climb out of the bucket alive.

The second mouse was so happy to see his family again that they moved them all to Canada :p

Cheer up my friends! Life is all a matter of perspective, positive thinking, and perseverance. Life is what you make it. Whether you find yourself in Canada, or anywhere else.

Let's all make butter!!!

tilla_07

Jan 6, 2009
I'm sorry, but I am going to have to disagree with you Raindrop73. There is a reason why people have put countries into three categories, and third being the worst category for a country's standard of living. If 3rd world countries were such great countries to live in then no one would want to leave that country. I live in a 3rd world country and every day I hate it here after living in the US. It's not safe where I live since I cannot go out and interact with other people for fear of being kidnapped or having acid thrown to my face. I have to constantly watch myself and limit my interactions with strangers(if I have any interactions at all) which is not the case seen in the US. Hell, im sure in UK, you can atleast talk to people on the streets without any fear for your safety. At this moment I am living in a 3rd world country where many people don't feel safe. People are threatened over the freaking phone b/c they think that you have money in your bank account since hey, you have a family member living in another country outseide of your own. This is a true story since my cousin's family had to shell out 50,000 to get the thugs off their backs. I mean, not everything is exaggerated in the media. I am living the nightmare of living in a 3rd world country, and I can bet you after living in a country like the US where we all know has lots of problems, I would still go back there in a heartbeat to escape the nightmare of living in my own country. 3rd world countries fall into the worst country category b/c of how difficult and many times terrible way of life is lived by most of the people living there. If Afghanistan was such a great place to live, women and girls would have the freedom to go out and live a life that is lived by millions in US, UK, and yes, even Canada. School girls would not have had acid thrown into their faces b/c religious nutcases think that that girls and women don't have the same rights as men. If Congo was such a great place to live, then there wouldn't be a civil war going on in that country with people coming into contact with deadly diseases from sources of food most wouldn't eat if given a choice. You have talked of honor, morality, and social values that are found in 3rd world countries. No country will ever have perfect sense of morality, honor, and the kind of social values that are aacceptable to everyone. However, in 1st world countries, you actually have the right to stand up against what you may believe to immoral, or not honorable and protest withot fearing for your life or the lives of your family.

ashtay

Dec 28, 2008
Hi, just wonder to clarify. not eveybody move to canada are from third world country. I am from Singapore, and having a good job. However, some of my Singaporean friends are moving out of this country, not just Canada, but Australia and New Zealand.

Singapore is safe and have a law system to crack down crimes. We have seen many immigrants from other countries, such as Fillipine, India, China, Europe etc, to here.

But why I chose to move to Canada? My reason, I graduated from one of the Canadian Universities ten years ago, I am in love with the country and the people there. I also believe our life would be better in terms of quality if we move to Canada. We will not trap in a mouse trap whereby my life now is basically, work, home, work home. Most people here finish work at about 7 pm, although we start work at 830 am. Sometimes, we need to work till 11 pm and still bring work back home to work on weekends.

In the end, we have no times for family, friends. Especially for married couple like me and my husband, we have no life here.

But I believe that Canada can provide dreams that we want, such as spending more times with kids, and have times for friends and family. Friends who had moved to Canada are happier even they are not holding the same job same pay when they were in Singapore.

I guess it is a personal choice who decide to move, whether they are from 3rd world or developed country.

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Hello Ashtay,

I agree with you 100%, This issue is just a matter of personal decision and choice.

Tilla_07 ,

I also agree with you, some third world Countries also have extreme cases.I am from a Third world country too.It is not as bad as in other Countries though, but i will still immigrate coz i have a scale of preference.

If there is anything i should put thumps up for in my Country it would be , there is no RACISM in my country. Nobody looks down upon anybody.Wether you are black or white or green or yellow, wether you are from Iraq, Pakistan, USA, India,China, Canada Uk and so on Everybody is the same.If i should have any concerns about Canada where i want to move to, it would be this issue of looking down upon me just because i am BLACK AFRICAN .I don't know wether some people experience this in Canada.Well, i think i can deal with that coz my husband and I already had the experience in China , eventhough it is categorized as not being a first world Country.Comperitively in other aspects, Some 1st World Countries like Canada are better than my Country and that is why i choose to move.

So lets be positive that is all i want. Remain positive.

Nicholas

Star Member
Aug 6, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As a Canadian who has lived in many countries (almost 20 years outside of Canada) I know why many people choose to come to Canada, and understand their fears.

Singapore is one of the better places in Asia. It is safe. The economy is good and the living conditions, too. Not all people are poor in China and the middle class is growing and standards are improving. India is also doing well and since I have never been there, I do meet many people from there so I do have some idea.

It is true that many countries in the known "third world" countries have a very good life. I once read about some islands in the south Pacific where most people have no money or desire for many things that we take for granted in the western world. They make their living from basic farming and fishing. At the end of the day, the famers and fisherman meet on the beach and trade their goods. Most only work a few hours a day and spend the rest telling stories then sing and dance. No TVs or phones. The people grow up being cared and loved by the people they were chidren with.

My guess is, it is what we want in life, and some people might not have what they want and choose to move out from their countries of birth. It is simply a matter of choice. Some will return to their native countries much wealthier than when they left and some will return much poorer but it was something that they choose to do. I am old enough to know that my life and my future depends mostly on me, and while luck plays a big role in life, I have found that the more chances I take, the more people I meet, the better my luck.

Please come to Canada, and not just take what you can from your new found home but bring with you the mind to make it your home and to make it your country while enriching it. I once read in a book about 2 boys raised by a drunk abusive father. One boy followed in his father's footsteps and became just like him. He said that he had no choice in life. The other boy became educated and was a loving father. Asked why he grew up to be different that his father and brother, he had the same answer. "I have no choice. How could I possibly be like my father?"

Someone that I know in Canada is a drunk father of three boys. His oldest son is now in med school and is doing well. He knew at a young age that life is about choices, and moving to a new country is no different. We can go around blaming others for our own shortcomings, but the real truth in life is that we make our own lives no matter where we are. Another truth is that misery loves company.

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
That was a good one Nicholas, Atleast let some people know that Some people in the "third world" countries live a very good life.some people here in China believe that Africans in particular are very poor, mysterious, homeless and starving. hahahahah,some even believe that there are no cars in Africa .Most of all, some believe that Africans are Black Ghosts.hahahahahaha