+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why don't they hire more people to handle immigration cases?

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
I said if a spouse MEETS THE REQUIREMENTS. I think people in here don't even read or understand what I say....
We read your posts, you don’t understand ours. If your spouse meets the requirements then the PRIVILEGE will be granted but it is is no way your spouse’s or your legal right to live in Canada.

canadaguy238

Star Member
Nov 23, 2015
Read the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act:

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/i-2.5/

Then PLEASE state the section in the LAW that says you have the RIGHT to have your spouse live in Canada even if your spouse is not Canadian.
Again, I wouldn't even be here applying if my spouse didn't have the legal RIGHT to apply and move to Canada.

I don't need to quote any law. It is clear as day that any spouse that meets all requirements has the legal right to move to Canada to be with their spouse.

canadaguy238

Star Member
Nov 23, 2015
We read your posts, you don’t understand ours. If your spouse meets the requirements then the PRIVILEGE will be granted but it is is no way your spouse’s or your legal right to live in Canada.
I disagree. It is a legal right to move to Canada provided they meet the requirements.

Why? Because as long as they meet the requirements, they cannot be legally refused right? This is what makes it a right.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Again, I wouldn't even be here applying if my spouse didn't have the legal RIGHT to apply and move to Canada.

I don't need to quote any law. It is clear as day that any spouse that meets all requirements has the legal right to move to Canada to be with their spouse.
You DON’T want to quote the law because THERE IS NONE. Period. Goodbye.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Huh? My spouse has the legal RIGHT to move to Canada to be with me. If only they would process the application faster.

You clearly don't understand economics. Yes there is plenty of money from taxes, application fees, and more to pay for 1000's of extra officers.

It's really beyond me how anyone can argue against hiring more immigration officers, but no you'e right, let's just keep people suffering and keep the system the same with all it's flaws! That's clearly what you are advocating for. Sheesh!
Huh? My spouse has the legal RIGHT to move to Canada to be with me. If only they would process the application faster.

You clearly don't understand economics. Yes there is plenty of money from taxes, application fees, and more to pay for 1000's of extra officers.

It's really beyond me how anyone can argue against hiring more immigration officers, but no you'e right, let's just keep people suffering and keep the system the same with all it's flaws! That's clearly what you are advocating for. Sheesh!

If they made it so easy for people to immigrate then lawyers/immigration consultants would not be making money also;) Don't forget it's all big business also. I thought you had an entrepreneurial mentality?

canadaguy238

Star Member
Nov 23, 2015
You DON’T want to quote the law because THERE IS NONE. Period. Goodbye.
Yes actually there is a law that states that any spouse can move to be with their Canadian spouse, provided they meet the requirements. Any application with a spouse is under this law and IRCC is legally bound to process these applications. If they had no legal right, then IRCC would not have to process applications right? If it was a privilege then they could choose who to give it to and who not. A legal right means as long as someone meets the requirements, they are in.

canadaguy238

Star Member
Nov 23, 2015
If they made it so easy for people to immigrate then lawyers/immigration consultants would not be making money also;) Don't forget it's all big business also. I thought you had an entrepreneurial mentality?
Why would the government care how much lawyers make? Unless the lawyers are bribing the government which would be illegal...

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Why would the government care how much lawyers make? Unless the lawyers are bribing the government which would be illegal...
You're always talking about how it would help the economy, If they made it so easy then lawyers/immigration consultants in Canada would not be making 2000-3000 CAD to prepare spouse/common law/conjugal applications, Do you know how much money goes into the economy from immigration? probably billions of dollars.

Could you give us a timeline of your spouses application? You seem very upset about something.

canadaguy238

Star Member
Nov 23, 2015
You're always talking about how it would help the economy, If they made it so easy then lawyers in Canada would not be making 2000-3000 CAD to prepare spouse/common law/conjugal applications, Do you know how much money goes into the economy from immigration? probably billions of dollars.

Could you give us a timeline of your spouses application? You seem very upset about something.
Im upset that not a single person has said, you know what, YOU'RE RIGHT! We should hire more immigration officers and speed things up. I still have not heard any good argument against that. I already proved the money is there to hire more officers through extra application fees, taxes, etc.

How can anyone think we need LESS immigration officers and a slower immigration system????

I really hoped almost every reply would tell me that I was right, and they do need more immigration officers. What a great idea, especially since it is paid for by the taxes of the spouses getting here early and into the workforce earlier. Instead everyone is just saying I should be happy with a flawed and slow system. Why should I be happy with a flawed and slow system? As Canadians we should expect the best from our government that we pay for.

Last edited:

umairz

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
AOR Received.
19-10-2011
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-01-2012
I am not trolling, but yes I will give it up. There is no convincing you people.

So yeah, let's just keep this flawed immigration system that you all love so much. Let's not try to improve anything!!

I see, so many people getting frustrated over this spousal application process. In some cases it is taking up to 2 years and some cases even as low as 6 months. There is no consistency. In two weeks time I will be up to 1 whole year with dead silence..

It's ok for all other streams to be delayed as much as 2-3 years such as Parents and Grand parents, blood relatives but for spousal application I think IRCC should try to streamline it better.

There are times i get frustrated with this entire process and then i just sit back and say to myself, " let's have some patience".

It will be nice to see improvements in this entire spousal application process. Here is what I also started believing recently;

For all of spousal applications, first step is in Canada and in all honesty that step is taking too long and shall be trimmed to less than a month. For most of us our files have moved out of the country after that first step and guess what in most cases since July last year it has been taking upto 6 months before it is sent to responsible VO overseas. I had recently contacted my MP and he mentioned you should count your one year from the day your file moved to LVO and I didn't want to believe that statement but more and more I am approaching close to 1 year timeline i am starting to feel maybe LVO started working that way as most European VO's are overloaded with Refugee applications.

Sometimes this drives me nuts and other times i just think to calm myself and hope it won't take too long.

July 9th Applicant and since file moved to LVO on Dec 17th have not heard a single word. Ordered GCMS notes and nothing on my file has even started yet.

So lets not fight here and just hope this process will be done soon as we are all waiting patiently and hanging on someone's mercy to start our live's.