+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why do they need old telephone numbers from old adresses?

waikiki

Jan 22, 2011
How can I know a telephone number from the appartment I lived in 25 years ago? So I guess I´ll just explain on a seperate sheet of paper that I simply don´t remember and don´t know since I was a kid back then? I don´t understand why they want to know an old phone number.

dashingboy9000

Jul 20, 2011
Hi, Well I wont go into "why" but yes, if you do not remember explain that, but still try to find out the old number, old telephone directory, old letters etc.. just do your best to find that info..I am sure your school, college records should have that number.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waikiki said:
How can I know a telephone number from the appartment I lived in 25 years ago? So I guess I´ll just explain on a seperate sheet of paper that I simply don´t remember and don´t know since I was a kid back then? I don´t understand why they want to know an old phone number.
Hi wikiki, :D

Don't worry, you can make a little note that the telephone number is not available. There is no problem.
Just imagine that it is very difficult for any one to keep record of such things for their whole life.. More over it could be possible that the telephone numbers might have later changed, the ownership of the apartment could have changed in the long run or it was demolished and constructed a mall over there....

Shaun70

Jun 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/07/11
Med's Done....
12/05/11
LANDED..........
11/12/11
Telephone numbers? I could not even remeber old house numbers!

Cindyha

Jun 30, 2011
Hello
waikijki may I ask, what kind of application form that ask for old telephone No since 25 years ago. It's very difficute not only 25 years ago just last 2-3 years I really can't remember the house number not only telephone no. so many question that is really made people frastrate. example when you first contact your spouse . some one met by online. who was going to know this person will became spouse in the future.

waikiki

Jan 22, 2011
Cindyha, it´s form 5540, question 8 (sponsor questionnaire). All I could find out from that old adress was the street number, but no phone number. That´s impossible, it was in another country and I was just a little kid.