+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why do employers hesitate to provide a reference letter for work experience for a Canadian PR application?

lewanjey

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022
I have just graduated from my studies in Canada as an International student and on process of searching for Teer 2 or 3 jobs for work experience to eventually apply for PR.
I heard from friends and people that most employers at the end of our one year work or tenure hesitate to provide the required reference letters / documents to submit for PR even though we have done the same duties required exactly . So they said to consult with the employer before starting work.
I am confused as to exactly why they refuse to provide the documents . Is there any legal reasons /complications they have to go through?
I am new to this so I can't get my head around it.

Jun 23, 2023
I think it will be best as you put your job responsibilities according to your teer within a certificate and make your Employment letter by yourself. They sometimes just don't know wjat you need.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I have just graduated from my studies in Canada as an International student and on process of searching for Teer 2 or 3 jobs for work experience to eventually apply for PR.
I heard from friends and people that most employers at the end of our one year work or tenure hesitate to provide the required reference letters / documents to submit for PR even though we have done the same duties required exactly . So they said to consult with the employer before starting work.
I am confused as to exactly why they refuse to provide the documents . Is there any legal reasons /complications they have to go through?
I am new to this so I can't get my head around it.
The genuine ones won't hesitate. But others just want to shrug it off, they just don't want to take the pain of giving them. No clear reason some are lazy and some don't have a reason.
So its the best idea to have a clear conversation before committing.