+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why did CIC slow down recently share your Opinion

aks2013

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Charlie79 said:
Did anyone notice any signs of people back to work at CIC? Heard from someone in Toronto that CIC laid off many officers recently, not sure how true this is, did anyone else hear something like this?
CIC lay offs may be a Rumor. They are trying to improve the process after all. God only knows the answer.
Lets keep faith and pray for the things to go forward this week.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Charlie79 said:
Heard from someone in Toronto that CIC laid off many officers recently, not sure how true this is, did anyone else hear something like this?
"Let me google that for you..." : )

http://psacunion.ca/workforce-adjustment-notices-issued

Not the largest, but not insignificant; largest numbers in NCR ("National Capital Region," e.g. Ottawa). Note I didn't seen "beginning date," just the "up to" date of June 26, 2014, and these are identified as possible job losses, not confirmed...

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
:eek:
jes_ON said:

Not the largest, but not insignificant; largest numbers in NCR ("National Capital Region," e.g. Ottawa). Note I didn't seen "beginning date," just the "up to" date of June 26, 2014, and these are identified as possible job losses, not confirmed...

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:

My VO was laid off? ???

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
Hi

People, please get a grip!!

Thx

A

Charlie79

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Dr_Midnite said:
Hi

People, please get a grip!!

Thx

A
lol :) but the process is still super slow and on top this, one rumor vs the other. By the way, this news was given by a CIC Panel Doctor in toronto.

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
Hi

Oh so it must be true then!

I apologize for my sarcasm but we all seem to be looking for any reason to justify our delays. Sorry, have we thought it's just a low process!. Or would that be too simple!!

Have we gone past the advised processing time? for most commenting, no!

Let's get back to constructive discussion and less theorizing about our VO's vacation habits!

A panel doctor is just that, a panel doctor and does nothing more than process MR's!

Thx

A

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess lots of VOs are moved to prepare for the Express system started from 2015.

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
Hi

Here we go again!!!!

Thx

A

hahamylove

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
lhyyym said:
I guess CIC is busy with study permit for international students in summer so other kinds of applications might be delayed. And furthermore, different visa offices may have different timelines. Ottawa may be the fastest one. Since my visa office is in Beijing, I have not received MR and any other requests till now. :(

Good luck, everyone!
My friend, it is a different set of offices. Offices that are dealing with international students and study permits are not CPC-Ottawa. :)

stevenllc

May 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
26-07-2013
I received instructions to do medicals, submit rprf and passport on 1st July. Submitted everything around 10th July, tracking shows medical received but to date still no sign of passport.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
A comment I google-d out to know when the slowness is shown by CIC what might be the reason , Its below
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A CIC staff member told me this at a public event - sometimes visa offices shift their focus for some time (several months?) towards other type of applications like PNP, CEC, etc. This happens in case the particular visa office hasn't achieved the "target" (they have no quotas per year, but they do have targets to be achieved for every category) of processing that category of applications in a particular period, which is not necessarily an yearly period. Accordingly, they suspend work on other type of applications until they have achieved their other targets.
If you create a similar chart as above for CEC, PNP, etc. at Buffalo, then you will find that office processing good volumes in the months of Aug, Sep and Oct in these categories. So, they will come back to FSW apps after they have achieved their targets - I hope they do not prolong this game beyond 2009.
I also think that due to the bad economic situation, CEC and PNP are being preferred by Canadian provinces and businesses, that may be why PNP and CEC targets are more critical right now.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Now as I heard people saying quota being over the year , How come FSW fasten up suddenly ( Getting PPR in 5 months - Few Cases I noticed and heard) and FSW also falls under Economic bracket . To me above historical comment with same situation make sense as I haven't heard any official announcement yet for CEC where Quota is over for the year.

Express entry on the cards ( To prepare ), Targets of year to be achieved for certain programmes - Can be the reason CEC slowed down . They would have deliberately halted processing anything for CEC for a while may be 2-3 months .

Rest CIC would better know what is the reason behind it , I am just trying to find out and speculate an adequate reasoning.

Charlie79

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Gurindar said:
A comment I google-d out to know when the slowness is shown by CIC what might be the reason , Its below
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A CIC staff member told me this at a public event - sometimes visa offices shift their focus for some time (several months?) towards other type of applications like PNP, CEC, etc. This happens in case the particular visa office hasn't achieved the "target" (they have no quotas per year, but they do have targets to be achieved for every category) of processing that category of applications in a particular period, which is not necessarily an yearly period. Accordingly, they suspend work on other type of applications until they have achieved their other targets.
If you create a similar chart as above for CEC, PNP, etc. at Buffalo, then you will find that office processing good volumes in the months of Aug, Sep and Oct in these categories. So, they will come back to FSW apps after they have achieved their targets - I hope they do not prolong this game beyond 2009.
yes, this sounds to be supporting my thoughts as well.

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
Gurindar said:
I also think that due to the bad economic situation, CEC and PNP are being preferred by Canadian provinces and businesses, that may be why PNP and CEC targets are more critical right now.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Now as I heard people saying quota being over the year , How come FSW fasten up suddenly ( Getting PPR in 5 months - Few Cases I noticed and heard) and FSW also falls under Economic bracket . To me above historical comment with same situation make sense as I haven't heard any official announcement yet for CEC where Quota is over for the year.

Express entry on the cards ( To prepare ), Targets of year to be achieved for certain programmes - Can be the reason CEC slowed down . They would have deliberately halted processing anything for CEC for a while may be 2-3 months .

Rest CIC would better know what is the reason behind it , I am just trying to find out and speculate an adequate reasoning.
May be possible but we all waiting waiting when our turn comes!!!

kapil1974

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Jan 2014
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Nope
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Decision Made -Feb 10 2014
Passport Req..
Feb 11 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 18 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 27 2014
Analysis:

CIC started cap for CEC form Oct 2013. Till oct 2013, applications inflow is very less.
Once they started CAP for CEC, application inflow is flooded. VO is constant and Application count increased exponentially.
Process slow down started from Nov applicants.. now it is continuing.
If CIC wants to improve process rate they should increase VOs otherwise they can't satisfy any one.
If express entry processing starts, it is going to be more worst...

Just my observation since Feb 2013....

Thanks