Interview........
Waived Alhamdolilah
Passport Req..
06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-2015
LANDED..........
08-2015 :)
Hi guys It's been almost 3 weeks and we haven't heard any updates here in the form, please share your opinion as what causes this slowness?

gates1580

Star Member
May 13, 2013
The officers processing the applications are also regular professionals like us. They have a life apart from their work which includes taking vacation when they would like to. This is the end of summer and schools would be back in session soon. So, many families go on a last summer break before the kids go back to school. This could be one possible reason for the delay.

Also, from a source, I came to know how the applications are processed by CIC. A batch of applications are given to each officer. If that officer goes on leave for any reason including maternal or paternal leave, those applications still stay with the same officer. They are not handed over to other officers. This explains why some applications encounter major delays up to 6 months compared to the rest. They will only be processed when that officer returns to duty after the leave.

Expecting these officers to only work on our applications is not fair to them. You have done your part i.e. submitted the application. Now, be patient & let the process play out.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Hichaman said:
Hi guys It's been almost 3 weeks and we haven't heard any updates here in the form, please share your opinion as what causes this slowness?
This is expected, and as long as you are in "normal processing times" then there is no "slowness", it is more "impatience" from our side.

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
Hi

I think the point of the original post was to highlight a general slowdown across all applications and not just the isolated slowdown you would expect to see in certain batches of applications due to the regular vacation. Summer is going to be a slow period, having said that my application began moving in July.

Maternity leave can last a significant amount of time and in some cases the parent may not return to work, as such I am sure there is provision to transfer files due excessive absence. CIC will be measured on their overall processing time somewhere internally. Shorter term absences it makes sense because another officer will have their own case load to handle so naturally there will be a lack of focus on someone else’s workload.

It is correct that we are given a “normal processing time” and it is correct that until we pass that point technically nothing is wrong, we have to just relax. The way I see it, if your application is legitimate then there will be no issue.

Yes, I think we all agree we are impatient, its human nature.

Thx

A

jasminep

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Nov 2013
AOR Received.
12 Jan 2014
Med's Request
06 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
12 Jun 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
21-Nov-2014
Dr_Midnite said:
Hi

I think the point of the original post was to highlight a general slowdown across all applications and not just the isolated slowdown you would expect to see in certain batches of applications due to the regular vacation. Summer is going to be a slow period, having said that my application began moving in July.

Maternity leave can last a significant amount of time and in some cases the parent may not return to work, as such I am sure there is provision to transfer files due excessive absence. CIC will be measured on their overall processing time somewhere internally. Shorter term absences it makes sense because another officer will have their own case load to handle so naturally there will be a lack of focus on someone else's workload.

It is correct that we are given a “normal processing time” and it is correct that until we pass that point technically nothing is wrong, we have to just relax. The way I see it, if your application is legitimate then there will be no issue.

Yes, I think we all agree we are impatient, its human nature.

Thx

A
Could you post your timelines please?

richi jolly

Oct 30, 2013
gates1580 said:
The officers processing the applications are also regular professionals like us. They have a life apart from their work which includes taking vacation when they would like to. This is the end of summer and schools would be back in session soon. So, many families go on a last summer break before the kids go back to school. This could be one possible reason for the delay.

Also, from a source, I came to know how the applications are processed by CIC. A batch of applications are given to each officer. If that officer goes on leave for any reason including maternal or paternal leave, those applications still stay with the same officer. They are not handed over to other officers. This explains why some applications encounter major delays up to 6 months compared to the rest. They will only be processed when that officer returns to duty after the leave.

Expecting these officers to only work on our applications is not fair to them. You have done your part i.e. submitted the application. Now, be patient & let the process play out.

but this is totally unfair, if they are gone for some kind of vaction then they should transfer files to a replacement officer, some applicants have completed everything in 2 weeks and others have to wait. So, everything depands upon your luck, there's no "proper system"

milleth082002

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6 2013
Med's Request
Feb 14 2014
Med's Done....
March 7 2014
richi jolly said:
gates1580 said:

but this is totally unfair, if they are gone for some kind of vaction then they should transfer files to a replacement officer, some applicants have completed everything in 2 weeks and others have to wait. So, everything depands upon your luck, there's no "proper system"
This is my opinion, there is a processing time, timetable and due date for every stages in processing the PR application but in certain cases even it is stated in GCMS notes that you passed all stages ( your processing time more than 13 months )and yet no DM, PPR or any actions from VO. So, what is the purpose now of having a processing time, timetable and due date if this is not being followed by VO for whatever reason. We are all willing to wait for as long as we know that schedules of processing timetable are being followed accordingly. It is just so impatient sometimes that you know the fact that you complied and passed everything and yet you are clueless until when you are going wait.

gates1580

Star Member
May 13, 2013
richi jolly said:
\
The reason they don't transfer files between visa officers is there are not enough officers to process. CIC has been under tremendous stress due to financial problems and consequently, they have furloughed a lot of employees just like private organizations. So, if your file is stuck with an officer who goes on vacation, the file essentially stays on his/her table until he/she returns from vacation. That is how things are being run now and that is what we have to accept.

richi jolly

Oct 30, 2013
processing time is just a incorrect statement, I am Nov 2012 applicant and i am still waiting,CIC does not follow the guidelines
mentioned on their website. My file was under review for so long and no one from CIC ask for any other documents.
Even the GCMS notes were not enough for me to figure out the reason,Now CIC has requested my passport 3 weeks back, it shouldn't delay
the process,what if some has an emergency and wants to travel.
They should only request the passport once eveything is completely done,
I dont support their attitude/system of holding passport for applicants. its very unfair .

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
Too many doughnuts and too much coffee from Tim Hortons... Makes you wanna fall asleep right at your desk... ;D ;D ;D

But seriously, lots of reasons, in my opinion, mostly - lots of applications and summer...

richi jolly

Oct 30, 2013
gates1580 said:
The reason they don't transfer files between visa officers is there are not enough officers to process. CIC has been under tremendous stress due to financial problems and consequently, they have furloughed a lot of employees just like private organizations. So, if your file is stuck with an officer who goes on vacation, the file essentially stays on his/her table until he/she returns from vacation. That is how things are being run now and that is what we have to accept.
Then fix this issue , there's no point you can waste somebody's time .

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
richi jolly said:
Then fix this issue , there's no point you can waste somebody's time .
Problem is they don't think it's an issue. Not an issue for them anyways :mad:

jasminep

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Nov 2013
AOR Received.
12 Jan 2014
Med's Request
06 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
12 Jun 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
21-Nov-2014
Last year CIC employees were on strike. Maybe this is the case this time too.

ljiljka007

Jan 3, 2013
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
Doc's Request.
sent PCC for spouse on Oct 20, without request
AOR Received.
06/24/2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
08-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-07-2015
LANDED..........
17-08-2015
it's vacation time of year, guys :)

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
In fact the 13 month timeline does include the "slowness" of summer. Summer and vacations (as well as maternity leaves, holidays, christmas and everything else) are a thing that happen each year so they are reflected in the average processing times.

Yeah it is human to be impatient, but it is also human to know that and chill.