+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why did CIC slow down recently share your Opinion

hondaFan13

Jul 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I get it, it is just human to worry. I would like this done so that I can properly focus on other tasks. Wait is the only option, i get that.

milleth082002

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6 2013
Med's Request
Feb 14 2014
Med's Done....
March 7 2014
Jalex23 said:
In fact the 13 month timeline does include the "slowness" of summer. Summer and vacations (as well as maternity leaves, holidays, christmas and everything else) are a thing that happen each year so they are reflected in the average processing times.

Yeah it is human to be impatient, but it is also human to know that and chill.
I totally agree :)

milleth082002

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6 2013
Med's Request
Feb 14 2014
Med's Done....
March 7 2014
hondaFan13 said:
I get it, it is just human to worry. I would like this done so that I can properly focus on other tasks. Wait is the only option, i get that.
Exactly, other plans and tasks also affected by this waiting time especially application beyond the processing time and due date.

tortau

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Personally, I think they are either 1) revamping the process or 2) system failure/upgrade (to process the MRs, etc).

I'm a Jan applicant (AOR Feb 28) who should have received MR this week (assuming the regular timeline and no issues on my application). I did some sleuthing on our company's website (boss sanctioned) and found a visit on Google Analytics stats from Ottawa on Aug 5th. We don't get much traffic and this was the only one mapped to Ottawa. So I did a trace on our website logs and the IP resolved to the Canadian government IP block. The user went through every major page (like company info, staff list, etc). Based on MaxMind (they provide geolocation data for IP addresses), the IP was mapped to a street 2 blocks from CIC Ottawa's address - very reasonable range because these are not pinpoint data but relative area/location.

I do these types of tracking/log reviews for my job so I'm keeping out the "gory" details. In short, they have done some research on my company and have had plenty time to do get back to me but I haven't heard anything or received any MR.

No MRs seems to be sent since the last week (or processed as 'received' on ECAS, see Dec & Jan threads) so I'm guessing either they are not issuing MRs at this moment because they are holding them until they are allowed to send them or some kind of database issue that is stopping them from doing so.

Disclaimer: The traffic could also have been a random government employee who was interested in our company services. I'll have to check with my boss if he had recently submitted a proposal to a government-funded project but you have to admit, the timing, activity and source is quite significant.

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
I think something els is going on in CIC because after July 25 th they did not issue single passport request and did not stamp single visa in passport which they received till today.

milleth082002

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6 2013
Med's Request
Feb 14 2014
Med's Done....
March 7 2014
tortau said:
Personally, I think they are either 1) revamping the process or 2) system failure/upgrade (to process the MRs, etc).

I'm a Jan applicant (AOR Feb 28) who should have received MR this week (assuming the regular timeline and no issues on my application). I did some sleuthing on our company's website (boss sanctioned) and found a visit on Google Analytics stats from Ottawa on Aug 5th. We don't get much traffic and this was the only one mapped to Ottawa. So I did a trace on our website logs and the IP resolved to the Canadian government IP block. The user went through every major page (like company info, staff list, etc).

I do these types of tracking/log reviews for my job so I'm keeping out the "gory" details. In short, they have done some research on my company and have had plenty time to do get back to me but I haven't heard anything or received any MR.

No MRs seems to be sent since the last week (or processed as 'received' on ECAS, see Dec & Jan threads) so I'm guessing either they are not issuing MRs at this moment because they are holding them until they are allowed to send them or some kind of database issue that is stopping them from doing so.

Disclaimer: The traffic could also have been a random government employee who was interested in our company services. I'll have to check with my boss if he had recently submitted a proposal to a government-funded project but you have to admit, the timing, activity and source is quite significant.
Wow! what an interesting input or share. :)

richi jolly

Oct 30, 2013
samir3132 said:
I think something els is going on in CIC because after July 25 th they did not issue single passport request and did not stamp single visa in passport which they received till today.
i agree with you!

vpathakg

Star Member
Aug 6, 2010
Stratford
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
AOR Received.
13-01-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
09-06-2014
Med's Done....
20-06-2014, CEC updated June-30-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-27-2014, sent Passport to CIC
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
richi jolly said:
i agree with you!
There may be many people who did not share their details or join this Forum, we have no idea abt them.
So its very very difficult to predict anything, My attorney says they dont see any slowness in processing.
Only GOD knows....

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
vpathakg said:
There may be many people who did not share their details or join this Forum, we have no idea abt them.
So its very very difficult to predict anything, My attorney says they dont see any slowness in processing.
Only GOD knows....
In other form like trackit also waiting no ppr or stamping from last 18 days

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
Hi

Immigration is not a right, we have to accept the system is imperfect (to be honest is any immigration system perfect), we also have to accept it will take as long as it takes regardless of how it makes us feel.
To be honest are CRA any better at processing tax returns?

There will always be a theory behind delays, summer, christmas, public holidays, strikes etc but simply it gets done when it gets done.

I still maintain if your application is legitimate and you have provided the information CIC require then you will have no issues.

Thx

A

richi jolly

Oct 30, 2013
@Dr.Midnite
you are absoultely right, it takes time.CIC will have a full right to take as much time as they want beacuse they have to be very careful.
However, my question once you have done everything and have asked for passport then they shouldn't delay for anything.
You never know when you might have to travel, so hold the passport for so long

Hichaman

Mar 12, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
2**2
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2014
AOR Received.
03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
03-2014
Med's Request
04-2015
Med's Done....
04-2015
Interview........
Waived Alhamdolilah
Passport Req..
06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-2015
LANDED..........
08-2015 :)
So they can keep someone's passport for a long time? is that what you guys are saying?

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
Hi

I do not believe CIC generally keep your passport for a long time, in isolated instances then yes.

I disagree, CIC has the right to do what they need to ensure the validity of any application, I would expect nothing less of my home government. Do I think they should do everything in their power to process passports in a short amount of time then the answer is yes I do, but this does not detract from the right that CIC has to take their time and all our complaining will not change anything.

You will have the same issue when you apply for the PR card; the PR card process is taking time and in some instances may restrict travel until you have the card.

Thx

A

hondaFan13

Jul 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what I gather, CIC uses a third party to do Background checks. They cannot control the time frames of this third party. The backgroudn checks are the ones that are being delayed.