+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why did CIC slow down recently share your Opinion

bc123

Star Member
Sep 6, 2014
kapil1974 said:
Analysis:

CIC started cap for CEC form Oct 2013. Till oct 2013, applications inflow is very less.
Once they started CAP for CEC, application inflow is flooded. VO is constant and Application count increased exponentially.
Process slow down started from Nov applicants.. now it is continuing.
If CIC wants to improve process rate they should increase VOs otherwise they can't satisfy any one.
If express entry processing starts, it is going to be more worst...

Just my observation since Feb 2013....

Thanks
Makes sense, friend.

The_Dark_Knight

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
kapil1974 said:
Analysis:

CIC started cap for CEC form Oct 2013. Till oct 2013, applications inflow is very less.
Once they started CAP for CEC, application inflow is flooded. VO is constant and Application count increased exponentially.
Process slow down started from Nov applicants.. now it is continuing.
If CIC wants to improve process rate they should increase VOs otherwise they can't satisfy any one.
If express entry processing starts, it is going to be more worst...

Just my observation since Feb 2013....

Thanks
Agree with you...as i mentioned earlier, if CIC wants to be well prepared for Express Entry next year...they should dispose CEC applications without any unreasonable delays. Going into the new system while sitting on a back log of applications would certainly be counter-productive.

nettoyant

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
The_Dark_Knight said:
Agree with you...as i mentioned earlier, if CIC wants to be well prepared for Express Entry next year...they should dispose CEC applications without any unreasonable delays. Going into the new system while sitting on a back log of applications would certainly be counter-productive.
That's a reasonable thinking, but CEC changed from 2y experience to 1y, according to government data applications increased, the cap increased, but the immigration levels are still the same. So is the immigration level a threshold that can be surpassed or not?

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
In my case, I did my medicals in March and I am a September applicant. My wait for "Passport Request" is now officially into 7th Month and I am still holding it because of the 13 month period. In 2 weeks time, I am going to finish my 13 months period. I am now too worried :(

I consider this very slow because only few lucky guys from Sep, 2013 are waiting for their PRs and I am NOT really glad for being picked up as a VIP applicant of Sep, 2013 :)

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
I don't think anything happens before Nov 2014.