+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why Canadian employers are hesitant to offer job, from aboard?

Nanalin

Jan 7, 2019
Despite working on other countries, for 2-3 years, Singapore and Germany were so easy to get job offer.
I really want to immigrate in Canada, but i have below 380 express entry points, and i need at least job offer to get higher points. And 99% of my interviews with Canadian firms, end up quickly, because they don't want to sponsor me.

Why is so hard? When they always need new people.
I am software developer.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Generally because they have to spend 1000 dollars for an LMIA application and advertise a job for 2-3 or so months to ensure that no resident is available. Most employers cannot be bothered to wait that long with no guarantee either that immigration will approve plus I guess IT is pretty competitive with plenty of applicants.

Someone would need some exceptional unique skill not readily available although having said that can also be a matter of luck finding a willing employer which does happen. Some people try improving their chances with face to face interviews, not Skype, but actually visiting but ultimately getting PR tends to be the only guarantee of success.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nanalin and TanuP

Porya MohSo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Despite working on other countries, for 2-3 years, Singapore and Germany were so easy to get job offer.
I really want to immigrate in Canada, but i have below 380 express entry points, and i need at least job offer to get higher points. And 99% of my interviews with Canadian firms, end up quickly, because they don't want to sponsor me.

I am software developer.
Like you said, one of the options in getting a higher score is a job offer. And it is difficult but not impossible. You might have to apply to as many jobs as possible, at least 10 a day, to increase the probability of getting an offer.

The second option you have is to go through the PNP stream. If you would get a nomination from a province you would get an additional 600 points.

But apart from that, you could spend some time in your home country, and get more work experience, get another degree, or get a higher IELTS score. All of these will increase your CRS score.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
I am software developer.
I will give you a simple answer, cost aside: Because no one in his or her mind would employ someone unseen or unspoken to. I would not even employ someone on Skype or Facetime, Whats app and the like.

Gal133

Feb 18, 2019
I do not agree with some of the posts above!
From my friend's experience - it is obsolutly possible to find a Job offer remotly for a Software Developers with post secondry education (Bachloer Degree)
Toronto area will give you an offer (Designated Companies that have special permit for that or other compamies that will be ready to go thru LMIA process) but with pretty much low income. (in the range of 75k)
In other less popular places (like Halifax) you can find it a bit easier and even with higher salary (85k).

Don't give up!
Good Luck

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will give you a simple answer, cost aside: Because no one in his or her mind would employ someone unseen or unspoken to. I would not even employ someone on Skype or Facetime, Whats app and the like.
How about someone you met while you were vacationing overseas?

radama

Feb 21, 2019
Hello there.
I am an Aircraft Maintenance Technician.some qualification in different type of Aircraft.I need to apply for the visa express for skill worker.Airframe & powerplant License.

Please I need your help for applying.