?
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2018
AOR Received.
31-08-2018
Med's Done....
30-09-2018
Out of interest ... What made you decide on Canada rather than Australia ?

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
Why NOT Canada?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Personal view but climate change seems to be hitting Australia harder than other countries with frequent wild weather reported and in some days in summer just constant upper 30c days, even higher in some parts .

Whilst Canada is not obviously immune to climate change it is good to have predictable seasons when you know it will be cold (very) in winter but summer temperatures are at least bearable unlike a lot of Australia.

Off topic but if the question was choosing between Australia and NZ I would chose the latter for similar reasons despite the earthquakes

Last edited:

shah22393

Nov 6, 2017
Out of interest ... What made you decide on Canada rather than Australia ?
Well, let's just compare the facts:-

1) Australians had attacked fellow immigrants in 2008-2009 making it very dangerous for new immigrants.
2) Australia has hit a hard climate change
3) Canada is huge with less than 35 million people, meaning people wanting to start their business would love to start there due to low taxes.
4) Property prices except Toronto and Vancouver, are relatively affordable.
5) Less Crime
6) Easy access to USA ( For work and travel)
7) Free Medical.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok. In my case it was the immigration system itself:
1. I would have difficulties to hit the list of acceptable occupation (there was one type of buyer and even that one did disappear later on).
2. Due to my age it would require almost perfect IELTS score (4x 8 which is rather difficult to get even for many native speakers).
3. Unlike for Canada I did not see any decent way (like French speaker PNP for Ontario), where there is still not enough competition for me to use.
4. In a bigger picture I would be facing much smaller market with little to no potential to get access to neighbour labour markets (Commonwealth treatments are kind of useless when compared to NAFTA).

It is understandable that for Australia due to its geographical region that is nowhere close to their current alliances, it is rather difficult to balance everything.
Of course what is positive for many is nicer weather (which in general attracts deadly creatures like snakes or spiders). Homehow that is more preferred once you are close to retirement. However by that time Australia gets severe competition with many other countries (Thailand for example, several Caribbean island and so on).

Last edited:

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Many people like easier access to the US job market.

mpottier

Star Member
Jan 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think if they ever get that free movement off the ground, you will see huge numbers of Canadians travelling to Australia for work. I lived in Australia for a year, and would have loved to have stayed but was not eligible for another visa. Pay was higher, cost of living was the same if not lower than Canada (obviously some things are more expensive and some things are cheaper, but it all evens out in the end). Not to mention the weather was amazing, the beaches were amazing, it is cheap to travel around Australia, especially with domestic flights, as they allow foreign owned carriers to run domestic flights. Healthcare in Australia is generally ranked better than Canada's. Taxes were about the same as Canada's. In fact they were not push overs, and made sure sales tax (5%) was included in posted prices, so they couldn't advertise an incorrect lower price. As a result many companies just ate the sales tax. Lastly, Australia is reasonably close to southeast Asia, and New Zealand, so there are amazing travel opportunities, while Canada has the USA in the way.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Of course, this question really only has relevance to Economic Class immigrants. For those who come across via Family Class, there's no choice.
Having said that, I would not have emigrated to Australia but would have remained in the UK if those were the only two choices.

mahi2020

Oct 7, 2016
Ok. In my case it was the immigration system itself:
1. I would have difficulties to hit the list of acceptable occupation (there was one type of buyer and even that one did disappear later on).
2. Due to my age it would require almost perfect IELTS score (4x 8 which is rather difficult to get even for many native speakers).
3. Unlike for Canada I did not see any decent way (like French speaker PNP for Ontario), where there is still not enough competition for me to use.
4. In a bigger picture I would be facing much smaller market with little to no potential to get access to neighbour labour markets (Commonwealth treatments are kind of useless when compared to NAFTA).

It is understandable that for Australia due to its geographical region that is nowhere close to their current alliances, it is rather difficult to balance everything.
Of course what is positive for many is nicer weather (which in general attracts deadly creatures like snakes or spiders). Homehow that is more preferred once you are close to retirement. However by that time Australia gets severe competition with many other countries (Thailand for example, several Caribbean island and so on).
How much money do you think would be enuff to settle in Thailand or West Indies ?? 200k or 300k CAD
Also, what would be the process to settle there ?? tourist visa wont suffice I guess.