+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why Canada .. Why Not Australia?

auscanada

Jun 18, 2014
Can't speak for Canada but can surely speak for Australia.

Pros:
Weather conditions are second to none. Can pick from sunny Perth to super pleasant Tasmania.
Tons of natural beauty and a great outdoor lifestyle.
High standards of living with good education and universal healthcare and aged care.
Trans-Tasman agreement means unlimited work and residency rights in New Zealand as soon as you land. If you are sucker for natural beauty you'll fall in love with NZ.
Aussies get a E3 visa to work in the US. It is similar to the TN with an added advantage - spouse can work too. I think everything else is the same?
Close proximity to Asia, can do a lot of cheap travel for your yearly vacation.

Cons:
The only downside is the relatively high cost of living but then again it is similar to some EU countries and some of the cities in the US. For many, including myself, it is a worthwhile trade off.

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clever said:
i think both canada and australia are the best countries to live in but after canada's new immigration system called express entry,it has become almost impossible to immigrate to canada without job offer.i am thinking to apply to australia as a skilled immigrant although my crs score under ee is over 400.
After 1 pick? almost impossible. Seriously?

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Both countries has its pros and cons, and if you are willing to migrate then I am sure that both countries are a better destination than your home country.

Now, the issue about racism. I've heard a lot of nonsense about threats from other immigrant groups (south east asians) in Australia. Again this is 2nd hand information and would take it with a grain of salt. In Canada me nor any of my friends have faced an inch of racism. I've lost job opportunities because I lacked Canadian passport but that is all, it wasn't because I was Indian.

About the NAFTA. Yes dude, you will need to get a Visa and they will do a background check. But you yourself apply for it as opposed to an H1B which is employee dependent. Makes a lot of difference. Your passport is so strong it doesn't require visa's to most countries.

Natural beauty of Canada has no comparison. Trust me.

That being said this website is called canadavisa.com. Lets not discuss other countries here. There has only been one pick. Don't demoralize people who are already striving hard towards one country.

Cubiscus

Jan 28, 2015
auscanada said:
Cons:
The only downside is the relatively high cost of living but then again it is similar to some EU countries and some of the cities in the US. For many, including myself, it is a worthwhile trade off.
Oh it's extortionate but then salaries do compensation, the minimum wage is $16ph.

I was surprised that food costs were roughly comparable, as are rents and flights. Clothes are much cheaper in Canada, cars massively.

arsalanhasan

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Marlee said:
I would probably get killed by one of their ferocious animals within the first month of living there. Also...they drive on the wrong side of the road and talk funny. ;D
LOL .. BEST reply so far ;)

arsalanhasan

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
clever said:
i think both canada and australia are the best countries to live in but after canada's new immigration system called express entry,it has become almost impossible to immigrate to canada without job offer.i am thinking to apply to australia as a skilled immigrant although my crs score under ee is over 400.
I know someone who applied through Express Entry 1st week of Jan'15 through and got invitation to apply in 3rd week. He didn't even have a job offer. I suggest you apply instead of assuming that you don't have a chance. Apply to both countries and see who responds first.

arsalanhasan

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
praneet87 said:
Why ask this here? need some kind of bandwagon to make you feel better ? sour grapes syndrome ? You did not get a reject or they did not keep you hanging. The amount of over reaction on this website is stupid. There has been one pick. Chill out and wait.

+1 and the strongest point for Canada is the job opportunities. Once you are a Canadian citizen, your passport literally opens all doors. When you apply for jobs its not in 13 provinces but also in 50 US states. The NAFTA agreement is an amazing thing. Canadian education is a lot more revered compared to Australian.

The racism in Canada is non-existent. Who are they going to be racist against? every 2nd person?

The only negative is the cold, which after a year or two doesnt really hurt so much.
Nothing of the sort mentioned in the first paragraph. I took me 6 months to get a positive decision on my case and our passports are already submitted for PR visa. This was just a question on the top of my mind and I thought of asking.

neel_saxena

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
arsalanhasan said:
I know someone who applied through Express Entry 1st week of Jan'15 through and got invitation to apply in 3rd week. He didn't even have a job offer. I suggest you apply instead of assuming that you don't have a chance. Apply to both countries and see who responds first.
how is it possible, when the cut-off score for EE was 868? Did he had enough points without a job offer?

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
arsalanhasan said:
That shouldn't be possible. Can you elaborate?

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
nice topic , its interesting to hear from someone who lived in both countries though