Landed,16 September 2012
Sidhu bai ji, please check your inbox.

Stranger Friendly

May 2, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
London
thanks donutbox, for suggesting me this thread.

My questions were :

Once you apply for Aus immigration, your application goes into a pool, do they select applicants acc to points every month from that pool or once a year?

Secondly, how much is the complete process takes? I believe you said approx 10-12 months.

I believe following are the steps:
1-Evaluation from relevant authorities
2-IELTS exam
3-EOI Submission(From their immi authorities would take 8 weeks to start processing)..dont know the further steps, appreciate if u could add below

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
My (very limited) understanding is the selection process is within 8 week period (it can be less than that) for the Skilled Independent (subclass 189).

No, the selection is not once a year (to the best of my knowledge).

Yes, the selection is based on points. You gain points similar to the Canadian FSW system (English proficiency, skills assessment, etc, etc).

The processing time is approximately 12 months. Refer to, Skilled Migration Visa Processing Times.

The steps are listed at the Australia SkillSelect site. For the Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa visa the information can be found here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-189/

The very first step is determining which visa you want to apply for (I have only indicated the Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa as an example, it is the most comparable to the Canadian FSW PR), there are several other visa that you may want to consider.

If you are indeed focusing on Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa, the first step is visiting the Skilled Independent (subclass 189) for detailes regarding the visa.

Please also read Booklet 6 (PDF book, 44 pages, titled "Points Based Skilled Migration (subclasses 189, 190 and 489) visa")

Stranger Friendly said:
thanks donutbox, for suggesting me this thread.

My questions were :

Once you apply for Aus immigration, your application goes into a pool, do they select applicants acc to points every month from that pool or once a year?

Secondly, how much is the complete process takes? I believe you said approx 10-12 months.

I believe following are the steps:
1-Evaluation from relevant authorities
2-IELTS exam
3-EOI Submission(From their immi authorities would take 8 weeks to start processing)..dont know the further steps, appreciate if u could add below

donutbox said:
I do not know how often they select applicants. By the way, these are the basic requirements for the Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa (note, there are other visa subclass available also):

Basic requirements

There are basic requirements you must meet to apply for this visa. You must:

be invited to apply
be younger than 50 years of age when you are invited to apply
nominate an occupation that matches your skills and qualifications and is on the relevant skilled occupation list
have your skills assessed by the relevant assessing authority as suitable for your nominated occupation
have at least competent English
score at least 60 on the points test
meet the health and character requirements.

You need to make note of the Allocation Dates for General Skilled Migration Applications, refer to the "Allocation table"

The table "list lodgement dates of applications that have been or will soon be allocated to case officers. You can use this information to determine when your General Skilled Migration (GSM) application will be allocated and to prepare your application for assessment. This information was last updated on 24 May 2013.

Effective 1 July 2012, the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship set new priority processing arrangements for certain skilled migration visas. Allocation dates outlined below reflect the new priority processing arrangements.

As you can see, the current allocation time for the 189 Skilled – Independent visa subclass is "within 8 weeks of lodgement". Which (I think) is saying, your application will start to be processing within at least 8 weeks of submission (the time could be less than 8 weeks).

donutbox said:
Visa programs in SkillSelect (for Australia)

From 1 July 2012, if you are interested in the following visas, you will need to submit an EOI and receive an invitation before you can apply for a visa:

• Subclass 189 Skilled – Independent (Permanent)
• Subclass 190 Skilled – Nominated (Permanent)
• Subclass 489 Skilled – Regional Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional)
• Subclass 132 Business Talent (Permanent)
• Subclass 188 Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional)

You can also express interest in the following visa programs on your EOI to be contacted by an employer.

• Subclass 186 – Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS)
• Subclass 187 – Regional Sponsored Scheme (RSMS)
• Subclass 457 – Temporary Business (Long Stay)

You can express interest in a range of skilled migration visas in one EOI.

zolter

Sep 14, 2012
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-13 <br>[color=green]PER......:19-Aug-13[/color]<br>[color=blue]SGVO AOR..: 09-Sep-13[/color]<br>[color=blue]Med Done: 10-Jan-15[/color]<br>[color=blue]File Transferred to Accra VO (On request) and PPR: 18-Feb-15[/color]<br>[color=blue]Pp sent: 27-Feb-15[/color]<br>[color=red]Visa : 12-Mar-15[/color]
Even though the process is faster, it is harder to apply (the requirements are higher).

The processing time is generally 12 months if you are applying under Independent Skilled Migration 189. But if you are applying under State sponsorship (190) the process takes just 6 months. However, there is a catch to the State sponsorship: you will have to work and live in that state for a period of 2 years.

Generally speaking you first need your Education evaluated, Engineers Australia is responsible for Engineers. It takes approximately 19 weeks for this process to complete. Applicants should have a minimum of band 6 in each of the areas of IELTS, but you will not earn any point with such score. Anyone who has a score of minimum of 7 in each of the bands has a high chance of securing minimum points required (60).

After obtaining evaluation of education and IELTS, you submit an EOI. Selection of EOI takes place TWICE a month. There is a cap on each of the categories depending on the requirements of the Country during that fiscal year (July to July). For example, cap for Civil Engineering Professionals: total Cap 2640, as at June (11 months later) only 1229 applications have been filed. The reset button of Cap is "pressed" every 1st July. Once you receive an invitation to apply, you have 2 months to submit your application. You do not need to send any courier to them, scanned copy of your documents need to be uploaded on their site. Case officer is assigned within 3-4 weeks and if required he/she may ask for additional documents.

I have applied for Australian Immigration in Dec 2012 and am still waiting for an outcome. Even though I have applied for Australia, I am on the same boat with you guys (FSW 2013). I would love to join my parents and brother in Canada.

donutbox said:
My (very limited) understanding is the selection process is within 8 week period (it can be less than that) for the Skilled Independent (subclass 189).

No, the selection is not once a year (to the best of my knowledge).

Yes, the selection is based on points. You gain points similar to the Canadian FSW system (English proficiency, skills assessment, etc, etc).

The processing time is approximately 12 months. Refer to, Skilled Migration Visa Processing Times.

The steps are listed at the Australia SkillSelect site. For the Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa visa the information can be found here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-189/

The very first step is determining which visa you want to apply for (I have only indicated the Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa as an example, it is the most comparable to the Canadian FSW PR), there are several other visa that you may want to consider.

If you are indeed focusing on Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa, the first step is visiting the Skilled Independent (subclass 189) for detailes regarding the visa.

Please also read Booklet 6 (PDF book, 44 pages, titled "Points Based Skilled Migration (subclasses 189, 190 and 489) visa")

myluckyprincess

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 28, 2015
Passport Req..
July 9, 2015
cool. more or less i get the picture in applying to au. but i've got some questions.

• is it difficult to find a job in any state? do you recommend any state for that matter?
    [*]should the job be related to your education that was being assessed?
    [*]what if it took me more than 6 months to find a job? is that ok?

zolter said:
Even though the process is faster, it is harder to apply (the requirements are higher).

The processing time is generally 12 months if you are applying under Independent Skilled Migration 189. But if you are applying under State sponsorship (190) the process takes just 6 months. However, there is a catch to the State sponsorship: you will have to work and live in that state for a period of 2 years.

Generally speaking you first need your Education evaluated, Engineers Australia is responsible for Engineers. It takes approximately 19 weeks for this process to complete. Applicants should have a minimum of band 6 in each of the areas of IELTS, but you will not earn any point with such score. Anyone who has a score of minimum of 7 in each of the bands has a high chance of securing minimum points required (60).

After obtaining evaluation of education and IELTS, you submit an EOI. Selection of EOI takes place TWICE a month. There is a cap on each of the categories depending on the requirements of the Country during that fiscal year (July to July). For example, cap for Civil Engineering Professionals: total Cap 2640, as at June (11 months later) only 1229 applications have been filed. The reset button of Cap is "pressed" every 1st July. Once you receive an invitation to apply, you have 2 months to submit your application. You do not need to send any courier to them, scanned copy of your documents need to be uploaded on their site. Case officer is assigned within 3-4 weeks and if required he/she may ask for additional documents.

I have applied for Australian Immigration in Dec 2012 and am still waiting for an outcome. Even though I have applied for Australia, I am on the same boat with you guys (FSW 2013). I would love to join my parents and brother in Canada.

zolter

Sep 14, 2012
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-13 <br>[color=green]PER......:19-Aug-13[/color]<br>[color=blue]SGVO AOR..: 09-Sep-13[/color]<br>[color=blue]Med Done: 10-Jan-15[/color]<br>[color=blue]File Transferred to Accra VO (On request) and PPR: 18-Feb-15[/color]<br>[color=blue]Pp sent: 27-Feb-15[/color]<br>[color=red]Visa : 12-Mar-15[/color]
myluckyprincess said:
what about the benefits of a PR in australia? is the tax higher or lower than in canada?

they say, (public) education is free in canada. is it the same in au?
Good question about PR of Australia vs Canada.

If you get a PR from Canada, you MUST stay 3 years to get your Citizenship and if your don't, after the 5 years your visa expires.

On the other hand, PR visa of Australia give you right to "Enter" the country, hence, if you have the visa and you have entered the country once and came out, you can return on the 4th year 11th month and continue to live till you get your passport. Here visa is just for entering into the country, it is not for living there.

zolter

Sep 14, 2012
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
myluckyprincess said:
cool. more or less i get the picture in applying to au. but i've got some questions.

• is it difficult to find a job in any state? do you recommend any state for that matter?
    [*]should the job be related to your education that was being assessed?
    [*]what if it took me more than 6 months to find a job? is that ok?
Getting a job in any country is based on your luck and qualification. Luck is more important. But statics has shown that Australian economy is booming right now. Unemployment rates are in the range of 5% for both Australian born and immigrants.

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/publications/statistics/immigration-update/australian-migration-trends-2011-12-glance.pdf

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/publications/statistics/immigration-update/australian-migration-trends-2011-12.pdf

myluckyprincess

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 28, 2015
Passport Req..
July 9, 2015
thanks, zolter. +1 for you.

zolter said:
Getting a job in any country is based on your luck and qualification. Luck is more important. But statics has shown that Australian economy is booming right now. Unemployment rates are in the range of 5% for both Australian born and immigrants.

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/publications/statistics/immigration-update/australian-migration-trends-2011-12-glance.pdf

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/publications/statistics/immigration-update/australian-migration-trends-2011-12.pdf

montylee

Star Member
May 7, 2013
NOC Code......
Does anybody know how evaluation is done by ACS? For Canada, we need to get education transcripts from the university. What do we need for Australia?

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
montylee said:
Does anybody know how evaluation is done by ACS? For Canada, we need to get education transcripts from the university. What do we need for Australia?

Please make reference to the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) to determine the Assessing Authorities for your particular occupation. You will then need to contact that authority to have your skills assessed.

Please make note of the posts below for additional information.

donutbox said:
Note also, that unlike Canada where its mainly your educational credential that is being assessed, in Australia (, my understanding is,) it's your actual work skills/experience that are being assessed along with your educational credential(s). This is done in Australia by the professional association that your occupation is affiliated with. And this assessment for Australian PR is being done by people (at the professional association) who actually know the profession and understand your stated skills/experience......the skills "assessment" is not being done by immigration officers.

So for example, the NOC 2174 and 2147 type applicants (see the Australian "NOC" equivalents below), it's the Australian Computer Society (ACS) and Engineers Australia that does the assessment.

261111 - ICT business Analyst - ACS
261112 - Systems Analyst - ACS
263111 - Computer Network and Systems Engineer - ACS

263311 - Telecommunications Engineer - Engineers Australia
263312 - Telecommunications Network Engineer - Engineers Australia
313213 - Telecommunications Network Planner - Engineers Australia
313214 - Telecommunications Technical Officer or Technologist - Engineers Australia

donutbox said:
Skilled Occupation List (SOL)

The current SOL (schedule 1) – applies to all new Points based skilled migration applications, including applicants eligible for transitional arrangements if they prefer to use it. It is also used by Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa applicants in the Graduate Work stream.
See: Skilled Occupation List (SOL) – Schedule 1 ( 37KB PDF file)

Assessing Authorities for Skilled Occupations

Applicants who require a skills assessment as part of their visa application must contact a relevant assessing authority directly to obtain a skills assessment, before they lodge their visa application.

The assessing authority will provide all necessary applications forms and associated information relating to the assessment. There will be a charge by the assessing authorities for the assessment.
See: Assessing Authorities

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
Thanks for this posts.

I see you indicate that "there is a cap on each of the categories depending on the requirements of the Country during that fiscal year (July to July). For example, cap for Civil Engineering Professionals: total Cap 2640, as at June (11 months later) only 1229 applications have been filed. The reset button of Cap is "pressed" every 1st July."

Can you tell me me where can I find the cap limit for each category?

Also, can you say which assessing authority you used for your "NOC 2131" type occupation and/or what is the Australian equivalent to "NOC 2131"?

zolter said:

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
Here are some Australian Computer Society (ACS) important links:

Skills Assessment Guidelines for Applicants (PDF, 16 pages)

Migration Skills Assessment

For individual applications – Information for Applicants

***Costs & Charges

ACS FAQ

Here are some Engineers Australia important links:

Migration Skills Assessment - IMPORTANT ANOUNCEMENTS

Migration Skills Assessment Booklet (PDF, 52 pages)

I have non-recognised Engineering qualifications

I have accredited Engineering qualifications

Generally, for:

Non-accredited qualifications – turnaround is currently about 19 weeks from the date of receipt. Note this time can be highly variable depending on numbers of incoming applications

Accredited Australian and Accord qualifications – currently about 4-6 weeks.

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
alaa_saleh said:
Hi All,

Why Canada while Australia is easier?
Why Canada? Why Australia? Why not New Zealand?

Permanent Residency

Getting permanent Residency of any country is the best opportunity to settle down in countries like UK, USA, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND ,AUSTRALIA and many more. Over 1.00.000 applicants apply for PR every year. After finishing your PR you have chance to get Citizenship of particular country as well. During PR you have right to vote in general election, government benefit, pensions from the employer , Medical Facility , etc. your application will be assessed on base of your educational profile , age , English language proficiency , earning in home country , and work experience. All these are allotted different points calculation to process your application.

http://www.9international.com/permanent-residency

Permanent Residence - Investment programs in comparison

Wanna Move Abroad with Permanent Residency – Menu for 2013...

I guess the question/debate of why one country instead of another can go on and on....and on. I will be up to you as an individual to make the decision.