+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why am I being asked for IMM 5406

MrBrad

Oct 12, 2017
hi all

My gf is applying through express entry skilled worker class. She got a request to complete the IMM 5406 additional family information form. It’s just her and she lives here in Canada with me as Common Law. She’s here on work permit. Is it strange she got this request? She completed the application as CL spouse and we provided the statutory declaration form way back. She is not bringing anyone with her which was also established while completing the application.

She’ll submit the form of course but we’re just curious if anyone else has had this request?

Thanks!

ajeet.ims

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Canada
hi all

My gf is applying through express entry skilled worker class. She got a request to complete the IMM 5406 additional family information form. It’s just her and she lives here in Canada with me as Common Law. She’s here on work permit. Is it strange she got this request? She completed the application as CL spouse and we provided the statutory declaration form way back. She is not bringing anyone with her which was also established while completing the application.

She’ll submit the form of course but we’re just curious if anyone else has had this request?

Thanks!
She has to provide details of her family members even if they are not accompanying her..

About Form IMM 5406
Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) has to be completed by the primary applicant and every member of the family who is over 18 years of age, whether or not they are accompanying the primary applicant to Canada.

Who Should Apply
The primary applicant and every member of the family who is over 18 years of age, whether or not they are accompanying the primary applicant to Canada, has to complete an Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form.

Requirements
When completing this form, you have to include information about yourself, your spouse or common-law partner (if applicable), parents, and all children. It is very important that you list on this form any other children (even if they are already permanent residents of Canada or Canadian citizens) that you, your spouse or common-law partner or your dependent children might have who are not included in your Application for Permanent Residence. This includes married children, adopted children, step-children and any of your children who have been adopted by others, or who are in the custody of an ex-spouse or ex-common-law partner.

MrBrad

Oct 12, 2017
She has to provide details of her family members even if they are not accompanying her..

About Form IMM 5406
Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) has to be completed by the primary applicant and every member of the family who is over 18 years of age, whether or not they are accompanying the primary applicant to Canada.

Who Should Apply
The primary applicant and every member of the family who is over 18 years of age, whether or not they are accompanying the primary applicant to Canada, has to complete an Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form.

Requirements
When completing this form, you have to include information about yourself, your spouse or common-law partner (if applicable), parents, and all children. It is very important that you list on this form any other children (even if they are already permanent residents of Canada or Canadian citizens) that you, your spouse or common-law partner or your dependent children might have who are not included in your Application for Permanent Residence. This includes married children, adopted children, step-children and any of your children who have been adopted by others, or who are in the custody of an ex-spouse or ex-common-law partner.

In the CIC portal, on the letter for additional information it just lists her name and the form they want. I assume we don’t need to complete a separate one for me as well? Just her, the applicant? I’m a Canadian Citizen. Born in Canada, always lived in Canada.

Thanks!

ajeet.ims

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Canada
In the CIC portal, on the letter for additional information it just lists her name and the form they want. I assume we don’t need to complete a separate one for me as well? Just her, the applicant? I’m a Canadian Citizen. Born in Canada, always lived in Canada.

Thanks!
Correct, you don't need to do it. Just complete the form for her and include your details there.

Slim83

Feb 1, 2017
Hi I need some advice on what I should do. CIC has just requested that I fill out the 5604 and the 5406 forms. Getting authorization from my daughter’s father is not a problem, I have already sent it to him so he can fill out and send back to me. However, the additional family information is confusing me. I have listed parents and all my siblings on the first form but they have requested the form be filled out again. I am not sure if they want me to put my daughter’s father on it. We are no longer together so I am not sure. They have also asked me to state my relationship to him. You help is greatly appreciated.

GodSend

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Hi I need some advice on what I should do. CIC has just requested that I fill out the 5604 and the 5406 forms. Getting authorization from my daughter’s father is not a problem, I have already sent it to him so he can fill out and send back to me. However, the additional family information is confusing me. I have listed parents and all my siblings on the first form but they have requested the form be filled out again. I am not sure if they want me to put my daughter’s father on it. We are no longer together so I am not sure. They have also asked me to state my relationship to him. You help is greatly appreciated.
Actually I have the same question. She has been separated from her ex for 15 years now. Should my applicant put ME (the sponsor) as her conjugal partner, or her EX with martial status of Legally Separated? It would seem that if I am not on there, there is no need for me to provide MY daughter's (sponsor) details?

optimaxx

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
NOC Code......
hi all

Thanks!
Never heard of someone is being asked to submit 5406 before.

hetashpatel7

May 3, 2018
I applied for EE under CEC in September .Medical is clear but now they are asking for IMM5406 family info form .I am not married and I m not sponsoring any one as well . Not sure why I have to fill up this form .
anyone have the idea ?

Saurin11292

May 1, 2019
I applied for EE under CEC in September .Medical is clear but now they are asking for IMM5406 family info form .I am not married and I m not sponsoring any one as well . Not sure why I have to fill up this form .
anyone have the idea ?
Have you got PPR after uploading the imm5406?

Amberchandla

Mar 9, 2020
Hi All,

I have received the request for filling IMM 5406, which I have as well but I don't see any option to upload the same anywhere on the profile. They have given a timeline of 7 days to me but if the option is not there how do i upload.

Please refer the steps I'm following let me know if I'm missing anything or I'm unable to see something.

1. Login to profile
2. click on check full application status (it says your action is required)
3. click on view submitted application or upload documents
4. here under documents submitted by client I'm unable to see any link to upload the required document.

Please help I have to upload to get the PR but am unable to. Any help here is highly appreciated.

Thanks

avtarsaggu

Feb 6, 2019
India
Hi All,

I have received the request for filling IMM 5406, which I have as well but I don't see any option to upload the same anywhere on the profile. They have given a timeline of 7 days to me but if the option is not there how do i upload.

Please refer the steps I'm following let me know if I'm missing anything or I'm unable to see something.

1. Login to profile
2. click on check full application status (it says your action is required)
3. click on view submitted application or upload documents
4. here under documents submitted by client I'm unable to see any link to upload the required document.

Please help I have to upload to get the PR but am unable to. Any help here is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Hi,
Have you got any update/response after submission of IMM 5406.
What is the current status of your file....???
Kindly share your timelines......

Shrina04

Aug 9, 2019
Hi
I got the se request to submit imm5406 form.

Where do I get this form from?
There are different versions available.

Can someone please share the link to the form.

Thanks