+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wht papers I need for applying citizenship?

Mijanur12

Sep 11, 2017
2 yrs before I got my PR. Before getting PR, I was a student of 2 yrs , I heard That as a student maximum 1 yr should be count . So can I apply for citizenship?? If i m eligible for citizenship thn wht papers I need for citizenship.?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
2 yrs before I got my PR. Before getting PR, I was a student of 2 yrs , I heard That as a student maximum 1 yr should be count . So can I apply for citizenship?? If i m eligible for citizenship thn wht papers I need for citizenship.?
As already posted, for information about what you need to gather to apply, go to the IRCC web site and follow the instruction guide and use the checklist (must be submitted with the application).

Note, however, the changes which will allow credit for time in Canada prior to becoming a PR are NOT in effect yet. To get credit for the time you were in Canada on a student permit, you need to wait until the Bill C-6 3/5 rules come into force. This could happen anytime now. Most likely will happen this year. But it looks like you need to wait until that happens before you will be eligible. There will be new instructions, a new application form, a new checklist, and a new presence calculator, and those will be the ones you need to go by.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
At first, ask for your money back from the school you went to. Then open CIC website. You can google what "website". Don't ask me what Google is please.
Why do you even come to a forum created for people to ask other people questions, if you are critical of the questions asked? There is not a single piece of information on this forum provided by any member that could not be found if someone spends time to search for it on google.