+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

whom to notify when you move from one province to another

Discussion in 'Settlement Issues' started by tanus, Aug 8, 2012.

  1. HI dear readers
    I am moving from BC to Alberta this month and I am getting Universal Child care benefit for my son and paying MSP as per rules.
    Do I need to Inform Canada revenue agency and Health BC about my move.
    I have no idea what will happen if I do not inform?
    please help me out and give your feedback.
  2. Here is how to inform CRA of your change of address: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/chngddrss-eng.html

    Here is how to inform MSP: http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/leavingbc.html

    If you are getting money from CRA, they need to know where you live. If you do not tell them that you moved, I guess when your mail forwarding stops working, they will not be able to get a hold of you.

    As for MSP, they will continue billing you until you tell them that you moved. Since you do not pay a monthly fee in AB, it is in your best interest to let MSP know that you are moving. You will still need a couple of months coverage because if you move to AB from another province, you will have a 2+ month waiting period for health care.

    Here is where to register for AB health: http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/registration-locations.html

Share This Page