+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Whom to believe, consultant or college website?

enness21

Aug 21, 2014
Hey guys, my visa was refused so I applied for refund of my college fees(centennial). My consultant sent me a mail that deadline for applying for refund was 12 january so they could not assure of refund. (I applied for refund on 15th january). However, on the college website, the deadline is mentioned as 10 school days from start of semester. The classes began on 6th january so even if we count saturday and sunday, 15jan is the 10th day.
The consultants email has really got me worried. I haven't slept yesterday and am really stressed out. If anyone has any experience/ knowledge please tell me...

Komal Gupta

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Hi, there is no problem with the refund as your visa is rejected. the deadline matters where the student has already enrolled in the college and then asking for the withdraw/ refund.

enness21

Aug 21, 2014
Thanks for your reply. I hope what you say is true. Are you completely sure of this? These consultants give us unnecessary stress with their half baked information.

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
I would contact Centennial directly and ask for your refund. Don't rely solely on your agency: http://www.centennialcollege.ca/admissions/international-education/admissions/how-to-withdraw/

Abbas1

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
I agree with scorpio1641

You can ask the school directly, some agent will try to avoid a refund to their customers as they will lose commission

Komal Gupta

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Abbas1 said:
I agree with scorpio1641

You can ask the school directly, some agent will try to avoid a refund to their customers as they will lose commission
Hi, I will also suggest that you should inform the same to the college and complain about that consultant. If they are harassing you there might be other students too.
It is their duty to apply for a refund on your behalf.

neerav

Dec 16, 2015
kindly draft a mail to the college and ur fees will definitely be refunded after deduction of some taxes and stuff.
also report about the councillor to the college.
ALL THE BEST

Komal Gupta

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
enness21 said:
Hey guys, my visa was refused so I applied for refund of my college fees(centennial). My consultant sent me a mail that deadline for applying for refund was 12 january so they could not assure of refund. (I applied for refund on 15th january). However, on the college website, the deadline is mentioned as 10 school days from start of semester. The classes began on 6th january so even if we count saturday and sunday, 15jan is the 10th day.
The consultants email has really got me worried. I haven't slept yesterday and am really stressed out. If anyone has any experience/ knowledge please tell me...
Who is your consultant?

noeldhiraj

Jan 18, 2016
enness21 said:
Hey enness21, what's the name of the consultancy that you had applied through?

jpime

Jan 20, 2016
Who is your consultant? Sorry I know it has nothing to do with your question but I really need one

neerav

Dec 16, 2015
if you are in delhi, you can certainly consider CANAM CONSULTANY, OR IDP, or CHOPRAS..
ALL THE BEST