+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who to contact about tourist visa application

JoeJD

Feb 24, 2021
My Filipino gf submitted her biometrics on the 29th of Dec. We cobtacted the visa application center about how the application is going, but they told us to email the CAD Embassy in Manila. The CAD Embassy told us to email Canada.ca, but when I sent an email to the Canada.ca email they gave me I only got an automatic response that was not helpful at all. I tried contacting the CAD embassy multiple times about the automatic message, but so far they haven't replied (it has probably been a month and a half since I sent those emails). Does anyone know what I can do or who I else I can message to get an update on the TRV application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My Filipino gf submitted her biometrics on the 29th of Dec. We cobtacted the visa application center about how the application is going, but they told us to email the CAD Embassy in Manila. The CAD Embassy told us to email Canada.ca, but when I sent an email to the Canada.ca email they gave me I only got an automatic response that was not helpful at all. I tried contacting the CAD embassy multiple times about the automatic message, but so far they haven't replied (it has probably been a month and a half since I sent those emails). Does anyone know what I can do or who I else I can message to get an update on the TRV application?
There's honestly not much point in contacting anyone. All you will get is a generic response saying the application is being processed and that processing is taking longer at this time. They won't provide specifics on the status of the application.

Reactions: JoeJD

Girlfrombc27

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
hi there did your application got approved?

JoeJD

Feb 24, 2021
hi there did your application got approved?
Hi. Sadly, not yet. The processing time today went down to 51 days bringing us to 119 days past the processing time. Very frustrating. To be honest if it will take a lot longer or be denied we'd be better off submitting a spousal sponsorship application (once we get civilly married as soon as possible). However, I don't want to submit a spousal sponsorship application in case the tourist visa will be ready soon. I find it very hard to know what to do. I don't want to leave my partner and our one year old daughter (who already has a CAD passport) a few months from now, but I only have enough money to keep us afloat for a few more months. I don't wamt to leave my partner and daughter gere in Manila, but if my partner can't travel to Canada I think there will be no choice.