+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who still needs help with applying to the HSWP/HCCP?

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Anyone who still needs help with how to apply:
What you need to know:

1. You need at least a completed 1 year post secondary school education assessed by an educational credential assessment organisation (ECA) eg WES. This should be the first thing you do because it takes at least 3months.

2. Take an English/French language test

3. You need a job offer from an employer in Canada who is either a permanent resident or a citizen. Doesn't matter if they're related to you or not. Your job offer needs to come from an individual (your caregiver services must be provided in a private residence)

4. Download the forms from the ircc website, fill out, sign and post to the relevant case processing office address. Don't forget to include your supporting documents.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nneoma.muna

harkaran 2010

Aug 13, 2020
What you need to know:

1. You need at least a completed 1 year post secondary school education assessed by an educational credential assessment organisation (ECA) eg WES. This should be the first thing you do because it takes at least 3months.

3. You need a job offer from an employer in Canada who is either a permanent resident or a citizen. Doesn't matter if they're related to you or not. Your job offer needs to come from an individual (your caregiver services must be provided in a private residence)

4. Download the forms from the ircc website, fill out, sign and post to the relevant case processing office address. Don't forget to include your supporting documents.
Hi , what happen if your photo does nt match IRCC standard. I may face problem regarding photos. Does IRCC will return my file saying incomplete or will ask for new photos. I jbe have for uci number nd temporary file number.
plz respond nd clear my confusion. Thanks

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
If you already have temporary file number, maybe you should send the photos with correct specifications by webform to them...that's the best you can do now. If they have any further instructions, they will let you know.

The temporary file number is to acknowledge receipt of your application for now, while they queue your application for processing. After they checked your application and determine that it's complete, then they will issue your permanent file number. If they won't process the application without the correct photo specifications, they may not send you the permanent file number. So pray very hard about this

harkaran 2010

Aug 13, 2020
If you already have temporary file number, maybe you should send the photos with correct specifications by webform to them...that's the best you can do now. If they have any further instructions, they will let you know.

The temporary file number is to acknowledge receipt of your application for now, while they queue your application for processing. After they checked your application and determine that it's complete, then they will issue your permanent file number. If they won't process the application without the correct photo specifications, they may not send you the permanent file number. So pray very hard about this
thanks

Ernesto1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
What you need to know:

Hi,
For the self address mailing labels included in the HSWP. Can one put the employers mailing address as (In-care-off). Becaus leaving outside Canada and thought it will be convenient to use the employers address as 'C/O'. ?

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Hi,
For the self address mailing labels included in the HSWP. Can one put the employers mailing address as (In-care-off). Becaus leaving outside Canada and thought it will be convenient to use the employers address as 'C/O'. ?
I guess that should work if the employer is personally known to you (family or friend)

Last edited:

pareyles

Aug 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2012 : CIO-NS Recv by D. MacNeil
Nomination.....
19-09-2012 : Ontario PNP - FSW Backlog Program
AOR Received.
07-01-2013 (CC Charged - 05-Dec-2012)
Med's Request
29-01-2013
Med's Done....
01-02-2013 ; eCAS Medical Received 14-02-2013
Passport Req..
28-02-2013 ; PP sent : 06-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2013
Hello,
My sister is currently gathering her documents for HSW Program, she is currently here in Canada with Visitor record set to expire on July 2021. That was the 2nd time we applied because of the pandemic we need to extend her stay. We are trying to beat the temporary policy deadline on August 31, 2021 wherein temporary resident can apply as long as they have valid status at the time they submit their application. We are planning to submit visitor extension in June 30 days before her status expires. We really need to extend her stay since her 2nd dose of vaccine is in August 2021. My questions are :
1. In my letter to IRCC ,should I include in the letter that besides the 2nd vaccine that we will submit also HSW app?
2. Once the application for visitor record is submitted, my sister's status is implied or they call it now as 'maintained' . So technically since her status is Implied, she can submit HSW app on or before the temporary policy deadline-> August 31, 2021, please confirm.
3. Police Certificate can follow if it we will not be able to get it on time, am I correct?

thanks in advance!

EmeLa

Jun 30, 2020
Hello,
My sister is currently gathering her documents for HSW Program, she is currently here in Canada with Visitor record set to expire on July 2021. That was the 2nd time we applied because of the pandemic we need to extend her stay. We are trying to beat the temporary policy deadline on August 31, 2021 wherein temporary resident can apply as long as they have valid status at the time they submit their application. We are planning to submit visitor extension in June 30 days before her status expires. We really need to extend her stay since her 2nd dose of vaccine is in August 2021. My questions are :
1. In my letter to IRCC ,should I include in the letter that besides the 2nd vaccine that we will submit also HSW app?
2. Once the application for visitor record is submitted, my sister's status is implied or they call it now as 'maintained' . So technically since her status is Implied, she can submit HSW app on or before the temporary policy deadline-> August 31, 2021, please confirm.
3. Police Certificate can follow if it we will not be able to get it on time, am I correct?

thanks in advance!
Why not apply for a lmia and she uses that to apply for a job? That’s lot easier and a faster route. As long as there’s a valid job offer she qualifies under the public policy that allows visitors to apply for a job.

Ernesto1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
I guess that should work if the employer is personally known to you (family or friend)
Please is there a link to instruction surrounding the self address envelope. I'm trying to get a self address label for FedEx and there's is the part asking for the weight?

Ernesto1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
What you need to know:

Please is there a link to instruction surrounding the self address envelope. I'm trying to get a self address label for FedEx and there's is the part asking for the weight?

AishiPen21

May 27, 2021
Hello,

I’m just wondering if someone can give me advise whether it is okay to leave Canada after I completed the 24 months of caregiver experience? I will be done this August and planning to go back to Philippines. I already submitted our PR application last April 2021 and got our Temporary Number May 27,2021.

Thanks

Airpadua

Jun 26, 2021
What you need to know:

Hi,
I am starting to gather all the documents for HCCP together with my family (husband and 2 children), from outside canada, sponsored by my brother. i would like to ask, where will we send our documents? in what address? and do i need to include also the required visa for my husband and 2 children together with my HCCP application? (husband for open work permit and students visa for the children). Thank you.