+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who sponsors and who is the applicant for children that were originally non-accompanying

AlexCalcaneus

Mar 25, 2020
Okay here we go.

I am Canadian citizen by birth.

My wife just got her permanent residency in September and has been here for a few months.

She had two daughters under 18 that the father would not sign or let to come to Canada.

Now after 4 months of having to take care of kids he's happy to have them to come to Canada and has signed that document 5406.

My wife is still under sponsorship from me so she can't sponsor her kids.

I'm guessing I'm the sponsor just like I was before but who is the principal applicant?

Does she have to co-sponsor?

mmannana

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
your daughter is a principal applicant and you are the sponsor. You can leave the UCI blank for her. Thats what i did

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
your daughter is a principal applicant and you are the sponsor. You can leave the UCI blank for her. Thats what i did
You would have UCI numbers for all of them since they should have all been on the wife's application.

AlexCalcaneus

Mar 25, 2020
I thought they can't be principal applicants because they are under 18.
I did The residency for my wife and we had no problems but this is confusing to me.

Are the kids my dependents?

mmannana

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
There is a depended application form and they apply as principal applicants . Make sure you use the right forms.got my first application sent back cause i used old forms according to their return letter. The current form is easier to fill.

mmannana

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
so if you got the right application package it will be clear cause there is an application to sponsor form which is separate and dependent form (principal)form. I applied for my son who was previouly not in my application when i applied for PR but now i am also a citizen. I think our case is similar. My application is already in process
Application recieved feb 12,2021
AOR 1 : March 4th,2021
We started processing you application >March 5th 2021 under sponsor notes
GC key for my son just show application received Feb 12,2021

mmannana

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
I thought they can't be principal applicants because they are under 18.
I did The residency for my wife and we had no problems but this is confusing to me.

Are the kids my dependents?
Okay here we go.

My wife just got her permanent residency in September and has been here for a few months.

She had two daughters under 18 that the father would not sign or let to come to Canada.

Now after 4 months of having to take care of kids he's happy to have them to come to Canada and has signed that document 5406.

I'm guessing I'm the sponsor just like I was before but who is the principal applicant?

Did you wife disclose she had kids on her PR application? and they were just not accompanying?

AlexCalcaneus

Mar 25, 2020
There is a depended application form and they apply as principal applicants . Make sure you use the right forms.got my first application sent back cause i used old forms according to their return letter. The current form is easier to fill.
I love it when I get an answer I want to hear which is perhaps like hitting the easy button. Do you have a form number for that form?
I will go back to the ircc website and see if I can figure it out but this one is notAs easy as it was before..

I appreciate everyone's help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Okay here we go.

Were they listed as non-accompanying and completed their medicals?

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
It's important that they are listed as non-accompanying and your wife didn't apply to exclude them.

I think she should be the sponsor... but others can clarify. Because they are not your kids. I think she can still sponsor being still your under-taking.

Reactions: armoured

AlexCalcaneus

Mar 25, 2020
Were they listed as non-accompanying and completed their medicals?
They did their medical exams and were on the original application. the reason for non-accompanying was no permission from their father. Her ex had never taken care of the kids he just wanted to be a dick and he found that 4 months of taking care of two daughters when he was a free man all his life was not to his liking. We pretty much planned on that. Plus my wife got a document that said that he couldn't change schools so he had to drive about 3 hours every day.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You might want to apply for visitor visas for the daughters. If granted (not certain), they'd be able to join you sooner.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
They did their medical exams and were on the original application. the reason for non-accompanying was no permission from their father. Her ex had never taken care of the kids he just wanted to be a dick and he found that 4 months of taking care of two daughters when he was a free man all his life was not to his liking. We pretty much planned on that. Plus my wife got a document that said that he couldn't change schools so he had to drive about 3 hours every day.
Your wife can sponsor them (not you) as outland since they had completed the medicals and were listed as non-accompanying.
Start a new application, pay all the fees and if everything goes well it may be a little faster. Just be prepared to have their
medicals re-done depending on when they expire. The visitor visa could be an option but if not accepted you would have lost
all that time. If you really want to take this on then start the sponsorship process as soon as possible.

Reactions: YVR123

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Diabolical!!!!

Wish I could have gotten rid of my ex that easily.