+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who should be the Primary Applicant? Please Help!

rhmalik

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pakistan
Hello Everyone,

I am about to initiate my EE and am looking for an expert opinion whether me or my Wife should be the Primary Applicant in our case. Following are our credentials:-

Me:-
IELTS R9 L8.5 W7 S7.5 (13th May 2017)
Education : 2 Years Bachelors of Science Degree (Equivalent to Post Secondary Diploma- no ECA Yet)
Experience : 13 Years as Air Force Air Traffic Controller (Resigned 1 Year ago -all employment evidences Available )

Wife:-
IELTS: R8 L8 W7 S8 (13th May 2017)
Education : 3 Years Bachelors of Science + 1 Year MBA ( ECA under Evaluation from IQAS)
Employment Experience: Financial Control Officer (4 Years) (Employment Letter, Reference Letter and Payroll Ledger available but payment made in Cash)

Kids:
1. Son 5 Years
2. Son 3 Years

I have following concerns here:-

1. Wife being the Primary applicant in the very first place. Should this be an issue?
2. Wife's Employment Evidences , since payment was made in cash.
3. Could my Military Experience become a cause of delayed processing?

I will be grateful if someone experienced could help me in making the right decision.

Thanks.

Aali005

May 5, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am about to initiate my EE and am looking for an expert opinion whether me or my Wife should be the Primary Applicant in our case. Following are our credentials:-

Me:-
IELTS R9 L8.5 W7 S7.5 (13th May 2017)
Education : 2 Years Bachelors of Science Degree (Equivalent to Post Secondary Diploma- no ECA Yet)
Experience : 13 Years as Air Force Air Traffic Controller (Resigned 1 Year ago -all employment evidences Available )

Wife:-
IELTS: R8 L8 W7 S8 (13th May 2017)
Education : 3 Years Bachelors of Science + 1 Year MBA ( ECA under Evaluation from IQAS)
Employment Experience: Financial Control Officer (4 Years) (Employment Letter, Reference Letter and Payroll Ledger available but payment made in Cash)

Kids:
1. Son 5 Years
2. Son 3 Years

I have following concerns here:-

1. Wife being the Primary applicant in the very first place. Should this be an issue?
2. Wife's Employment Evidences , since payment was made in cash.
3. Could my Military Experience become a cause of delayed processing?

I will be grateful if someone experienced could help me in making the right decision.

Thanks.
I would say your wife should be primary applicant coz of education and also employment history.. paid in cash is not big concern as it can be explained.
As you have military background which maybe slightly delay in getting PR coz of security clearance, but you never know it could be speedy too.
Did you calculate the points?

Reactions: rhmalik

rhmalik

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pakistan
Thanks for the reply Aali005,

Well, since I am awaiting ECA from IQAS, so if her qualifications are assessed equivalent to Masters Degree then CRS 457. Otherwise with bachelors it drops to 419.

Aali005

May 5, 2017

Well, since I am awaiting ECA from IQAS, so if her qualifications are assessed equivalent to Masters Degree then CRS 457. Otherwise with bachelors it drops to 419.
Did you include your ielts and education points too?

Reactions: rhmalik

Scorpman21

May 12, 2017
1. Wife being the Primary applicant in the very first place. Should this be an issue? No issues at all. Makes better sense.
2. Wife's Employment Evidences , since payment was made in cash.No worries, if you can provide them enough evidence for Salary received.
3. Could my Military Experience become a cause of delayed processing? Yes, this would be the reason for delayed processing.

Reactions: lino82 and rhmalik

Aali005

May 5, 2017

What I've calculated based on your info including your ielts your points should be around 449 with considering her education as bachelor degree.

rhmalik

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pakistan
Did you include your ielts and education points too?
Yes I included my IELTS but not my Education Points. With my wife being the Primary applicant, this is what my score comes out to be on CIC Website :-
Subtotal Core/Human capital + Spouse factors + Skill transferability = 426

am I missing something here?

rhmalik

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pakistan
Thanks for the reply Scorpman21. So I guess going with my wife as a primary applicant is a better idea. Although all we have, to prove as evidence of payment, is her Payroll Ledger and Employment Reference Letter.

Aali005

May 5, 2017
Yes I included my IELTS but not my Education Points. With my wife being the Primary applicant, this is what my score comes out to be on CIC Website :-
Subtotal Core/Human capital + Spouse factors + Skill transferability = 426

am I missing something here?
It's all now on education assessment.
You need to wait for that.
And you never know round of invitation can go down anytime, if you check for the last few months it's gone down to as low as 415 or something like that.
So stay put and you have most likely chance to have education assessment as master degree.

Reactions: lino82

rhmalik

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pakistan
What I've calculated based on your info including your ielts your points should be around 449 with considering her education as bachelor degree.
can you please elaborate how you have calculated this? 449?

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
426 is a good score and there is a lot of difference in 419 to 426 thousands of applicants are sitting in this range competition is very tight even an increase of 1 point values much more than we think you should go for your eca

rhmalik

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pakistan
If you include your education your score will be 426 with your wife. I would recommend it to you. Your score as a primary applicant will be in 380s because of your age
Thanks for the reply. I am really hoping that my wife's qualifications would be assessed equivalent to Masters. However I shall also consider getting my qualifications assessed, just as you have recommended.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Thanks for the reply. I am really hoping that my wife's qualifications would be assessed equivalent to Masters. However I shall also consider getting my qualifications assessed, just as you have recommended.
This may be hard for you but 16 yrs of education is considered as 4 yrs bachelors in canada and 17 yrs mostly as two or more degrees and 18 yrs is considered as masters.