+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who Should be the master candidate in the EE profile?

Mr.White

Sep 23, 2015
Hello,

I'm a Software engineer 1+ years of experience, with Bachelor Degree WES Confirmed, IELTS Score 7.
My wife is a Community pharmacist 2+ years of experience, with B.Pharm Bachelor Degree WITHOUT Degree WES Confirmed YET, on her way to Master Degree in B.Pharm as well. IELTS Score 7.5.

Who do you think should be the primary candidate in our EE profile, in order to maximize the score? Does it matter?
If we will not reach the 450 score, and we we will choose my wife as a primary candidate.. can I still travel to canada in order to look for a job? or, just the primary candidate can go?

Thanks for your answers,

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Mr.White said:
Hello,

I'm a Software engineer 1+ years of experience, with Bachelor Degree WES Confirmed, IELTS Score 7.
My wife is a Community pharmacist 2+ years of experience, with B.Pharm Bachelor Degree WITHOUT Degree WES Confirmed YET, on her way to Master Degree in B.Pharm as well. IELTS Score 7.5.

Who do you think should be the primary candidate in our EE profile, in order to maximize the score? Does it matter?
If we will not reach the 450 score, and we we will choose my wife as a primary candidate.. can I still travel to canada in order to look for a job? or, just the primary candidate can go?

Thanks for your answers,
There is no harm in creating profile for both, with each as a spouse for the other and see which profile gets you the highest CRS Score.
If and when you get ITA and everything else goes well you are given the PR it'll be for both.

Mr.White

Sep 23, 2015
CanadaWeCome said:
There is no harm in creating profile for both, with each as a spouse for the other and see which profile gets you the highest CRS Score.
If and when you get ITA and everything else goes well you are given the PR it'll be for both.
Are you sure we can open double profiles? me as a primary candidate? and another as my wife as a primary?
isn't it contradict each other? meaning that, CIC can cancel both profile if there is a duplication?

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Yes a couple can have two different profiles with one partner listed as the principal applicant in one profile and the other as the principal applicant in the second profile. Please refer the below link:

http://www.cicnews.com/2015/08/canadian-immigration-questions-answers-attorney-david-cohen-31-085743.html

ash5ash

Jan 5, 2015
It is not a duplicate/ double profile... you and your wife can create their own independent profiles that will have separate email addresses and login credentials.
you can have each other as your dependent, also the job bank profile will also be separate and linked to your own independent profile.

if you both get ITAs you can cancel one and keep the one which has more simple and straight forward paperwork.

Best of luck.

Mr.White

Sep 23, 2015
thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, we have 391 score. its not enough for EE nor OOPNP

I'm noc 2174 with 1.5 years of experience.
my wife is noc 3131 with 2.5 years of experience.

Using tourist visa, can I travel to Toronto to look for a job?

can you tell me what is the suitable way to look/find a job in Canada?

What are your suggestions?

thanks again.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
ash5ash said:
It is not a duplicate/ double profile... you and your wife can create their own independent profiles that will have separate email addresses and login credentials.
you can have each other as your dependent, also the job bank profile will also be separate and linked to your own independent profile.

if you both get ITAs you can cancel one and keep the one which has more simple and straight forward paperwork.

Best of luck.
Exactly...This is what we have, and plan to do. The GCLogins, Jobseeker codes, mail addresses are all separate as if they are independent profiles of two different people with spouses.

In the end the profile whichever has the higher CRS Score shall get the PT/ITA before the other and hence that shall prevail, the other can be deactivated if desired.

Hope that clarifies to all others.

sunichak

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The primary candidate gets more points. Go to CIC CRS tool and compare the points putting yourself and your spouse as primary candidates respectively.
You can try different provincial nominee programs to be on safer side.
Irrespective of who is the primary candidate, both are given the PR Visa and both can search jobs.
As you might be planning to move together, the spouse should be mentioned accompanying the primary applicant in your CIC application.