+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who received ITA using LMO instead of LMIA?

macast

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Yellowknife
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exactly, I would have an LMIA soon but is good to know if LMO is gonna work or not.

My LMO and work permit expires in June

narby

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
forever21 said:
Hi guys!
I'm looking for people who got ITA using their LMO's instead of LMIA's ;D
Anyone here? :)
CIC express entry pool calculator does not distinguish LMO or LMIA. Also if you put any number and date on LMIA section, you will get extra 600 point. If you want to figure it out, you have to wait till thoes guys with LMO got ITA will be accepted for PR or not.

forever21

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
narby said:
CIC express entry pool calculator does not distinguish LMO or LMIA. Also if you put any number and date on LMIA section, you will get extra 600 point. If you want to figure it out, you have to wait till thoes guys with LMO got ITA will be accepted for PR or not.
Haha, did you try doing it? :D
Although there is no clear information on CIC that LMO=LMIA, I found something like this, and hoping that the LMO will work.

''Is the worker currently in Canada under a positive LMIA/LMO?

If yes, skip to candidate steps
If no, an LMIA is required. Continue with employer steps''

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/employers/express-entry-presentation-fall2014.asp

abinto

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Hi, My Buddy and his spouse got ITA. He used his LMO number to get 600 points. Right now he is going to do his medicals and police clearance. he had 973 points . got selected under CEC, working in NOC B, retail store supervisor.

forever21

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
abinto said:
Hi, My Buddy and his spouse got ITA. He used his LMO number to get 600 points. Right now he is going to do his medicals and police clearance. he had 973 points . got selected under CEC, working in NOC B, retail store supervisor.
darky07 said:
I have got ITA with LMO :)
Thanks for the info guys! ;D Hopefully we will receive ITA in the next draw:)

Good luck to everyone :)

BD_TIGER

May 11, 2014
abinto said:
Retail Store Supervisor got LMO? Where does he live? I work as Retail Branch Manager for a big company but can't manage LMO!

amro375

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sad reality man.
Some workers in Tim Hortons will get LMIA and will get PR, and some highly qualified workers with all the certificate cannot because they are working in too big of a company that does not want to go to the trouble of getting LMIA.
Sad reality :(

amro375

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
abinto said:
The draw was 7 days ago. When did he submit all the documents and get request for Medicals?

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
amro375 said:
The draw was 7 days ago. When did he submit all the documents and get request for Medicals?
Under EE you are required to take your medical and submit the report along with your PR application after receiving an ITA.

amro375

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
doubleym said:
Under EE you are required to take your medical and submit the report along with your PR application after receiving an ITA.
Really? There is no PER/AOR? No initial checks on the documents?

abinto

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
BD_TIGER said:
Retail Store Supervisor got LMO? Where does he live? I work as Retail Branch Manager for a big company but can't manage LMO!
He got his LMO in 2013 December for 2 year till 2015 December. Got ITA in the first draw. Alberta.