+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who is waiting more than 1 year

Cameron2020

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Hi.

Is there anyone who has been asked for passport translation or any other documents?

I was asked to provide passport translation during interview since there were many stamps in my passport!
They received my document in April and it's about 5 months since they received my document and nothing happened yet.

It seems they do "secondary review" for citizenship applicants as well.

Should I expect to wait another 5 months or more?

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
Hi.

Is there anyone who has been asked for passport translation or any other documents?

I was asked to provide passport translation during interview since there were many stamps in my passport!
They received my document in April and it's about 5 months since they received my document and nothing happened yet.

It seems they do "secondary review" for citizenship applicants as well.

Should I expect to wait another 5 months or more?
When you went to the interview, you didn't translate all stamps?

Cameron2020

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
When you went to the interview, you didn't translate all stamps?
No, because they did not asked for that as a required document.
Now I have a question which is very important for me:
It seems you had your passport stamps translation with you at interview. Did they get it and add it to your file so that they check it later or they just checked it there and gave it back to you?
What I want to know is:
Is this long delay due to not having the translation at interview or even if I had it then, they would just get it and checked it for many months. In the later case I have lost only less than a month because the translation was not ready and in the former case all this delay is only because not having the translation at interview.

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
No, because they did not asked for that as a required document.
Now I have a question which is very important for me:
It seems you had your passport stamps translation with you at interview. Did they get it and add it to your file so that they check it later or they just checked it there and gave it back to you?
What I want to know is:
Is this long delay due to not having the translation at interview or even if I had it then, they would just get it and checked it for many months. In the later case I have lost only less than a month because the translation was not ready and in the former case all this delay is only because not having the translation at interview.
I didn't have the interview but I thought it's common knowledge to translate all stamps when one goes to the interview, especially that the officer will go through the passport to match the stamps with the declared absences. In any case, don't worry, you're almost there, once they make the check, eCas will change to Decision made.

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
I didn't have the interview but I thought it's common knowledge to translate all stamps when one goes to the interview, especially that the officer will go through the passport to match the stamps with the declared absences. In any case, don't worry, you're almost there, once they make the check, eCas will change to Decision made.
If I wasn’t on this forum I would never know to translate those stamps.

Paid 200 bucks to get them done. They better ask me for it at the interview or I’ll lose it. Lol.

Reactions: qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
If I wasn’t on this forum I would never know to translate those stamps.

Paid 200 bucks to get them done. They better ask me for it at the interview or I’ll lose it. Lol.
It is wise to get the appropriate stamps translated even if the interview letter doesn't specify* that, b'coz there is a very likely (borderline "most likely") chance that the IO will ask for it. However, some IOs do not bother and one may just be lucky. My wife's case was thru without a hitch ~ she had a few stamps that needed translation, but she didn't, and the IO didn't ask.

*mine and my family's letters did not specify it

venAAA

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Nobody checked my passport, nobody asked me about the stamps translation during my interview.