+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who is going to sponsor me ?

chelidio

Jun 25, 2007
Hello all,

Here is a brief explanation of my situation. I am a Turk who has been married to my dearest Canadian wife for 5 years and we have a 3 years old child who is both Canadian and Turkish. Soon it is time for the little one to go to school and my wife insist on settling in Canada. I have carefully reviewed both the guides of the CIC and forums over internet such as this one. I have found some valuable information on the topic but I am not clear on some very crucial subjects.

My wife has been living abroad for a long time and she has not been working since our child was born. So me thinks this is not a good financial report for her in means of being eligible to sponsor someone. However, her parents who are residing in Canada are happy to sponsor me. I wonder if this is possible? As well we have some savings in the bank and some property registered on my name. Are these any good for the officers evaluating our case? Oh, she is also wondering if it is possible to do all these while we are in Canada with me having a temporary visa. If I can what is the obstacle to do so ?

Any help is most appreciated.

Best Wishes

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

chelidio said:
Hello all,

Here is a brief explanation of my situation. I am a Turk who has been married to my dearest Canadian wife for 5 years and we have a 3 years old child who is both Canadian and Turkish. Soon it is time for the little one to go to school and my wife insist on settling in Canada. I have carefully reviewed both the guides of the CIC and forums over internet such as this one. I have found some valuable information on the topic but I am not clear on some very crucial subjects.

My wife has been living abroad for a long time and she has not been working since our child was born. So me thinks this is not a good financial report for her in means of being eligible to sponsor someone. However, her parents who are residing in Canada are happy to sponsor me. I wonder if this is possible? As well we have some savings in the bank and some property registered on my name. Are these any good for the officers evaluating our case? Oh, she is also wondering if it is possible to do all these while we are in Canada with me having a temporary visa. If I can what is the obstacle to do so ?

Any help is most appreciated.

Best Wishes
1. Spousal sponsors don't require an income to sponsor, only that they not be on social assistance so she can sponsor you.
2. If you are in Canada, your wife can submit the sponsorship and application for in-canada spousal application to Vegreville. If she sponsors while living abroad the sponsorship and application go to Mississauga.

PMM

chelidio

Jun 25, 2007
Thanks for the information. As well I am guessing our child who is already a Canadian citizen is not going to be considered a dependent child. Am I right ?