+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

who got approved without rental agreement?

superman2012

Nov 20, 2014
guys. me and my partner are plannig to apply for common laq sponsorship but the problem is we don't have a rental agreement in the house. my housemate was signed the contract as we rent the one room there. who got their PR wirhout rental contract??

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
superman2012 said:
guys. me and my partner are plannig to apply for common laq sponsorship but the problem is we don't have a rental agreement in the house. my housemate was signed the contract as we rent the one room there. who got their PR wirhout rental contract??
Sounds like you are subletting, so get a rental agreement from your housemate. Just print one out and have him fill it out and sign it.

superman2012

Nov 20, 2014
Aquakitty said:
Sounds like you are subletting, so get a rental agreement from your housemate. Just print one out and have him fill it out and sign it.
yea we are just subletting. anyways Is it legit if my housemate will fill out the agreement form and his signature?

spinning_sponsor

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2015
Doc's Request.
09-10-2015 and 02-12-2015
AOR Received.
10-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-07-2015
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
VISA ISSUED...
IN PROCESS 09-10-2015 DM 11-02-2015
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
This has always been a concern of mine since we submitted out application in May. We submit a ton of proof (boarding passes, pics, bills), but when it came down to the rental agreement, I only had my name down initially since I didn't know non-residents could sign on a lease, so we couldn't really send it in as proof.

We lived at my parent's place the first 3 months in Canada, then our own place (which only I signed for) for the next 9.

I do have rental RECEIPTS for Aug-Dec of that year but I doubt that is as good as a rental agreement in terms of proof.

I suppose if they do require more proof once the application is in process at Ottawa I can get some letters from my landlord and parents stipulating this timeframe, signed by a commission of oaths, but I'm always concerned they may just outright reject the application without asking for more proof.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
superman2012 said:
yea we are just subletting. anyways Is it legit if my housemate will fill out the agreement form and his signature?
Why would you think it's illegal? Is the sublet illegal? Regardless, I don't think CIC cares if you are illegally renting a room, they care about you having proof. You are telling the truth so that is all that matters.

And remember, it's only one piece of the piece of the proof that they ask for, you don't even HAVE to have a rental agreement, it's suggested and is a good idea but in some cases people won't have them (live with parents etc) You'll have a lot more additional information as well, such as joint bank accounts etc.

hhafiz

Jan 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
superman2012 said:
All I can say just print off the agreement in the link below and submit with the application. OR download any other rental agreement....Don't be panic too much about it.

http://www.freeottawainfo.com/ResidentialLease.pdf

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
spinning_sponsor said:
I suppose if they do require more proof once the application is in process at Ottawa I can get some letters from my landlord and parents stipulating this timeframe, signed by a commission of oaths, but I'm always concerned they may just outright reject the application without asking for more proof.
They will not outright reject the app. They are required to give you the opportunity to address any concerns.

superman2012

Nov 20, 2014
I think we will not submit a rental agreement of the house since we are not the one who signed the contract
Here are the documents were going to submit:
1. mail sent to our same address from may 2014 to may 2015
2. joint account bank statement for 1 year
3. our credit card bank statement for 1 year
4. pictures with date and caption
5. 4-5 letters from our family and friends
6. gas, telephone, electricity, garbage waste bill under both our names from may 2014-may 2015

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
superman2012 said:
I think we will not submit a rental agreement of the house since we are not the one who signed the contract
Here are the documents were going to submit:
1. mail sent to our same address from may 2014 to may 2015
2. joint account bank statement for 1 year
3. our credit card bank statement for 1 year
4. pictures with date and caption
5. 4-5 letters from our family and friends
6. gas, telephone, electricity, garbage waste bill under both our names from may 2014-may 2015
That sounds great! Remember the list they give is just suggestions not requirements, the more the better but if you don't have something on their suggestion list it's not a big deal. It's the overall picture that matters, not one document.

ashia

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
File Transfer...
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
29-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
We didnt have any lease or rental agreement, our landlord (company) didnt agree to add me, as they wanted to sign new contract, and the orize would grow. So we told them }|^#~^>?*>>% and explained it in attachement, adding some email to and from landlord. And yes, a lot of letters and packages sent to both of us, also some official documents like bank etc. with same address. Basically as much evidence as possible, and as formal and "serious" for this one point ;)

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
We did not have a rental agreement, we did have proof of the same address: ie mail addressed to both of us at the same address, and separate mail to the same address, and our address listed on our tax returns which were filed as common-law.

I own the house separate from my spouse as I bought it early on in our relationship before we were ready to own a house together.

IMO/IME if you have proof you have been cohabiting for 1+ years and solid proof, you should be OK.

We also explained why my partner wasn't on the mortgage or utlities, it would probably be safest and easiest for your case to get your landlord (aka your friend) to write the rental agreement, or provide you with receipts in both of your names.

superman2012

Nov 20, 2014
Aquakitty said:
That sounds great! Remember the list they give is just suggestions not requirements, the more the better but if you don't have something on their suggestion list it's not a big deal. It's the overall picture that matters, not one document.
Thank you aqua kitty. I already talked to our housemate here and he told me that he will write a letter stating that me and my partner are renting the one room and he also willing also to attached the contract of the house that was signed under his name.

by the way do you think we must also submit the chat logs and call logs of our conversation while we are in long distance relationship? and also I'am planning to request a letter from the owner of the house which we rented last year because my partner visited me in my country and we stayed there for one month. what do you think?

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
superman2012 said:
Thank you aqua kitty. I already talked to our housemate here and he told me that he will write a letter stating that me and my partner are renting the one room and he also willing also to attached the contract of the house that was signed under his name.

by the way do you think we must also submit the chat logs and call logs of our conversation while we are in long distance relationship? and also I'am planning to request a letter from the owner of the house which we rented last year because my partner visited me in my country and we stayed there for one month. what do you think?
I am not aqua kitty, but I'll take a stab at this:

I *think* simply explaining that you were in a long distance relationship, explaining how you communicated and how frequently *should* be sufficient. Concentrate on visits too, and show CIC that despite being in a long distance relationship you did visit one another.

My partner and I were in a long distance relationship for over two years, I provided proof we traveled together, and explained how we communicated. I also explained that he would travel to visit me, or I would travel to visit him on weekends, but did not provide proof of that other than photos together at events over the years.

Sometimes less is more. IMO. If they want further proof, they will ask for it.

superman2012

Nov 20, 2014
kettle said:
I am not aqua kitty, but I'll take a stab at this:

I *think* simply explaining that you were in a long distance relationship, explaining how you communicated and how frequently *should* be sufficient. Concentrate on visits too, and show CIC that despite being in a long distance relationship you did visit one another.

My partner and I were in a long distance relationship for over two years, I provided proof we traveled together, and explained how we communicated. I also explained that he would travel to visit me, or I would travel to visit him on weekends, but did not provide proof of that other than photos together at events over the years.

Sometimes less is more. IMO. If they want further proof, they will ask for it.
Hello! thank you very much for your insight. he visited me once and that was last jan 2014. while he is in my country, we rented a room there and we stayed there for the whole duration of his stay ( one month)

well, I'm planning to submit all the proofs that will prove that our long distance relationship is real such as facebook chat, facebook call logs, skype snapshots, 1 letter mail he sent to me and 1 christmas letter without mail stamp because my partner ask his friend to give the letter to me in my country since his friend will also go to my country that time so the christmas letter has no mailing stamp, and I am planning to submit a letter from the landlord stating that we lived in one room for one month while my partner is in my country.

ashia

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
File Transfer...
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
29-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
One month only? Are you common law, or long distance relationship? I am not sure if I understand ur posts correctly,but to apply as CL you have to live together for at least a year.