+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who gets the AOR?

shilohq

Mar 31, 2024
I’m a US citizen applying for PR as a Spouse of a Canadian Citizen (my husband). So I’ve read that the AOR can take anywhere between a few weeks to like 8 months to receive and I was under the impression that I would receive the email. However my husband did receive an email with his UCI and an Application number that starts with F. Is this the AOR? Or are they just processing his application to be a sponsor and I need to wait for mine to start processing still? After rereading the IRCC help forum a billion times, the verbiage does seem to indicate that my husband will get the email. But I don’t have my own UCI yet and Im wondering if I need to wait for another email

Akaur07

Apr 1, 2024
I’m a US citizen applying for PR as a Spouse of a Canadian Citizen (my husband). So I’ve read that the AOR can take anywhere between a few weeks to like 8 months to receive and I was under the impression that I would receive the email. However my husband did receive an email with his UCI and an Application number that starts with F. Is this the AOR? Or are they just processing his application to be a sponsor and I need to wait for mine to start processing still? After rereading the IRCC help forum a billion times, the verbiage does seem to indicate that my husband will get the email. But I don’t have my own UCI yet and Im wondering if I need to wait for another email
AOR email is sent to sponsor and it says UCI number of the sponsor and Application number. If email acknowledges and it is mentioned that application for family class sponsor is received by IRCC on behalf of PRINCIPAL APPLICANT's name then that's your AOR.

shilohq

Mar 31, 2024
AOR email is sent to sponsor and it says UCI number of the sponsor and Application number. If email acknowledges and it is mentioned that application for family class sponsor is received by IRCC on behalf of PRINCIPAL APPLICANT's name then that's your AOR.
Fantastic, thank you

Reactions: Akaur07

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Also AOR usually takes couple of weeks to 3 months. I haven't heard AOR taking more than that unless there is missing information in the application and sponsor/PA cannot provide it.