+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who can win federal Election, which party is good immigration

Philly898

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
I have a question

Which party is good for immigration.
As far as I am aware, the Liberal government was responsible for streamlining the citizenship application in October 2017 and shortening the processing to 12 months. Traditionally, Conservatives do not seem to be the greatest fans of us immigrants :p

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
As far as I am aware, the Liberal government was responsible for streamlining the citizenship application in October 2017 and shortening the processing to 12 months. Traditionally, Conservatives do not seem to be the greatest fans of us immigrants :p
That’s not true. The streamline was done before 2017 and 2017 only opened the floodgates of people becoming eligible after 3 years of becoming PR , which significantly increased the processing time for a lot of people ( including myself, waited for over 19 months, along with many people who waited even longer ), while before Oct 2017, many cases took just a few months from start to oath

Philly898

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
That’s not true. The streamline was done before 2017 and 2017 only opened the floodgates of people becoming eligible after 3 years of becoming PR , which significantly increased the processing time for a lot of people ( including myself, waited for over 19 months, along with many people who waited even longer ), while before Oct 2017, many cases took just a few months from start to oath
At any rate, there are many factors other than processing time that are important to consider when it comes to IRCC and politics. I recommend this article to check out some of them.

https://policyoptions.irpp.org/magazines/june-2019/citizenship-policy-challenges-the-next-government-will-face/

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unlucky timing on your part but there was bound to be rush of people who all qualified for citizenship at the same time. Likely had double the applicants until those candidates were processed. At this point there is a more typical wait time.

Reactions: Philly898

Philly898

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
Unlucky timing on your part but there was bound to be rush of people who all qualified for citizenship at the same time. Likely had double the applicants until those candidates were processed. At this point there is a more typical wait time.
Agreed. What I should have said earlier was that the Liberals reduced the processing time to an average of 12 months.