+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

While living in Canada as TRV applied for TFW?

nadeem55

Aug 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
15-04-2011
Nomination.....
????
AOR Received.
25-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the initial application to CIO
File Transfer...
20-06-2011 to Buffalo
Med's Request
22-02-2013 from Ottawa
Med's Done....
27-02-2013
Interview........
Wavied :)
Passport Req..
05-04-2013 via Email
VISA ISSUED...
06 May, 2013
LANDED..........
11 May, 2013 Landed Immigrant :)
Hi Seniors especially PMM, job_seeker or any one.

Actually I'm a Pakistani Citizen living in Canada as Visitor, my TRV expired at 13-Jun-2010, I extended to for 2 months and I got visitor Record after 58 days for upto 30-Sep-2010.

Now one employer wanted to hire me, even they got positive LMO for me, so I applied my TFW application to Buffalo with some property documents copies along with all required documents in-mail, now anyone can tell me what's the situation of Temporary Work Permit in Buffalo?
If any TRV holder applied TFW in Buffalo while living in Canada, what would be the chances?
Please share your experience, if someone already goes through this process?
I seen the processing time is about 28 days but by post takes more longer time.
What's the chances of calling for interview? As I don't have US visa?

Hope a kind & quick response,
Regards,
Nadeem

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
nadeem55 said:
Hi Seniors especially PMM, job_seeker or any one.

Actually I'm a Pakistani Citizen living in Canada as Visitor, my TRV expired at 13-Jun-2010, I extended to for 2 months and I got visitor Record after 58 days for upto 30-Sep-2010.

Now one employer wanted to hire me, even they got positive LMO for me, so I applied my TFW application to Buffalo with some property documents copies along with all required documents in-mail, now anyone can tell me what's the situation of Temporary Work Permit in Buffalo?
If any TRV holder applied TFW in Buffalo while living in Canada, what would be the chances?
Please share your experience, if someone already goes through this process?
I seen the processing time is about 28 days but by post takes more longer time.
What's the chances of calling for interview? As I don't have US visa?

Hope a kind & quick response,
Regards,
Nadeem
Somebody posted before that Canadian consulate in Buffalo calls for interview. But anyway, apply for extension of your TRV again when you have not heard from Buffalo and the date your VR record expiration date nears. Cite waiting for the WP as your reason for extending. Not very optimistic about getting a US visa though because there had been posts from members who are newly landed Canadian PRs getting denied US visit visa. You can always bring your positive LMO back with you to Pakistan and apply from there.

nadeem55

Aug 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
15-04-2011
Nomination.....
????
AOR Received.
25-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the initial application to CIO
File Transfer...
20-06-2011 to Buffalo
Med's Request
22-02-2013 from Ottawa
Med's Done....
27-02-2013
Interview........
Wavied :)
Passport Req..
05-04-2013 via Email
VISA ISSUED...
06 May, 2013
LANDED..........
11 May, 2013 Landed Immigrant :)
job_seeker said:
Somebody posted before that Canadian consulate in Buffalo calls for interview. But anyway, apply for extension of your TRV again when you have not heard from Buffalo and the date your VR record expiration date nears. Cite waiting for the WP as your reason for extending. Not very optimistic about getting a US visa though because there had been posts from members who are newly landed Canadian PRs getting denied US visit visa. You can always bring your positive LMO back with you to Pakistan and apply from there.

Dear Job_seeker,

Thank you so much for your response, but please clear me, is it the valid reason for extending my stay that my WP is under process?
I'm wondering is it possible?

How long the Buffalo visa office takes time for processing? At least the indication of their decision. I sent my Passport along with the application. So, if they required Interview then for sure, they will send my Passport back for travel.
I heard CHC Islamabad is quite slow in processing and what about the ratio of WP from Islamabad?

I read many post and find you and PMM contribute a lot with good knowledge and right suggestions.

Thank you and all other who are helping newbies.

Regards,

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
nadeem55 said:
Dear Job_seeker,

Thank you so much for your response, but please clear me, is it the valid reason for extending my stay that my WP is under process?
I'm wondering is it possible?

How long the Buffalo visa office takes time for processing? At least the indication of their decision. I sent my Passport along with the application. So, if they required Interview then for sure, they will send my Passport back for travel.
I heard CHC Islamabad is quite slow in processing and what about the ratio of WP from Islamabad?

I read many post and find you and PMM contribute a lot with good knowledge and right suggestions.

Thank you and all other who are helping newbies.

Regards,
Yes it is a valid reason. I applied for my WP in the US too and it took a while before I got a response, so I applied for TRV extension citing waiting for WP. I don't know how long Buffalo processes WP applications though.

bp

Jun 25, 2010
Why can not you apply your work permit through Vegrevilie, AB. Check this website for online application. cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

I guess you need temporary visa as well. I was not sure whether you need Temporary Visa with your work permit as you are from country that requires visa in Canada, but you are already in Canada.

If you apply together (visa and work permit), you only need to pay one fee. May be on that note, you need to send your application to Buffalo to get both? Any advice from seniors?

Regards,
bp

sohney

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
hi
nadeem55,
i wana ask u that did u apply for trv witnin canada or u went to pakistan for that?
my visa is expired as well but my work permit is valid till 2012.so i wana apply for extension .
thanks in advance

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bp said:
Why can not you apply your work permit through Vegrevilie, AB. Check this website for online application. cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

I guess you need temporary visa as well. I was not sure whether you need Temporary Visa with your work permit as you are from country that requires visa in Canada, but you are already in Canada.

If you apply together (visa and work permit), you only need to pay one fee. May be on that note, you need to send your application to Buffalo to get both? Any advice from seniors?

Regards,
bp
Because they are visitors and are not eligible to apply in Canada through Vegreville. Secondly Vegreville doesn't issue TRV (visitor visas)

bp

Jun 25, 2010
If you want apply for work permit, you can apply online in Canada. If you get work permit, you do not need to have TRV unless you want to travel. On that case, you need to apply for TRV ouside of Canada. TRV is needed for travel purpose only.

Hope it is helpful
bp