+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which work needs foreign workers

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So please where do I get such an opportunity?
You need work authorization. You need to apply for jobs in Canada. If you get an employment offer, the employer has to pay $1000 and file for a LMIA. The LMIA is to prove that no Canadian or PR could do the job. This takes time (months to process). Then if you get a LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit. This will take months too. Most employers don't bother. Focus on immigration programs like Express Entry. You need to get your education assessed and need language tests.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How does being a footballer help you? Job Bank, monster.ca. Most will state that they will only interview Canadians, PR or those who have work authorization.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got a question: One employer contacted me and I sense that they are willing to offer me a job because it's hard for them to get someone in my field. I have a pending FSW application with an AOR NOV 2020. Does applying for a closed work permit affect my pending PR application? Is there a way to expedite the closed work permit process?
The employer would need a LMIA and then you apply for closed work permit. It doesn’t expedite the process.

Reactions: RajKannan

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I got a question: One employer contacted me and I sense that they are willing to offer me a job because it's hard for them to get someone in my field. I have a pending FSW application with an AOR NOV 2020. Does applying for a closed work permit affect my pending PR application? Is there a way to expedite the closed work permit process?
There are certain highly specialized field that fall under faster processing called GSS stream. If you qualify that would be faster. What job are youbeing offered?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm looking for work permit in Vancouver.
You should assume that it will be very difficult to get a job offer without having permanent residency unless you have very specialized skills. I would focus on qualifying for PR. There are no employers on this forum. Beware of scams promising you jobs in Canada.