+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which WES package to select for Canada Immigration?

sd_shreyas

Apr 28, 2015
Hi all,

I am looking for Canada immigration through Express entry route. When I visited WES portal for ECA, I got confused about the packages they offer for ECA which is given below:
ECA PACKAGE
- An electronic ECA report provided to you
- An official paper report (delivery fees apply)
- ECA report access by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
- Electronic storage of your report and verified transcripts for future use

Total cost: Cdn. $200

PROCESSING
Processing begins upon receipt and approval of all required academic documents and payment.
Standard processing (20 business days) included

DELIVERY METHODS
Standard Delivery (by Canada Post) Cdn. $7
Courier Delivery (details)
Next-day Courier Delivery (per Canadian address) Cdn. $25
International Courier Service (per address) Cdn. $85

ADDITIONAL SERVICES (for completed evaluations)
Duplicate Reports (processed in one business day)
Basic Cdn. $45
ICAP Cdn. $30
Upgrade report to include a course-by-course analysis
(For education and licensing/regulatory purposes in Canada.) Cdn. $100
*********************************************************************************
My question is: Do we need to pay for additional services or it is optional as far CIC requirement is concerned?

Thank you.
Shreyas

AbhishekDesai

Apr 15, 2015
Hey shreyas ,
It depends wether you want the tracking number or not I did mine standard delivery ,also additional or duplicate of your copy u can get it later as well cause they have it on record ,also they will send you a letter by postal email!!
hope this reply helps
Abhishek

sd_shreyas

Apr 28, 2015
Dear Abhishek,

I got confused by "CAD 7$ Canada post" which I felt only deliver in Canada. If it is the charge for simple post for India too I won't mind.
Anyway they are sending electronic report so should not be immediate requirement for CAD 85$ International courier service. What do you say?

Thank you.

vaskar

Mar 19, 2014
Hi Guys,

Is this the below address I need to send the documents for WES evaluation ? Please confirm.

World Education Services
Attention: Documentation Center
2 Carlton Street, Suite 1400
Toronto, Ontario M5B 1J3
Canada

Thanks,
V

sd_shreyas

Apr 28, 2015
Vaskar,

You have mentioned correct address however, without payment of fees at WES, it is of no use. Everyone has to make the payment first which will give you Reference number. That reference number you need to mention on the envelope you are sending to WES.

Shreyas

AbhishekDesai

Apr 15, 2015
Shreyas,
you are right... it takes about 3 weeks for the letter to arrive approx not a biggie,cause once you see it on electronic medium its the same what you will get (i got the same letter) also not only the payment is essential but you cant physically seal an envelope and send it to WES cause as you might have know from now it only accepts the documentation of degrees direct from the educational body!!
Abhishek

pr.dream

Mar 21, 2015
Hi there,

Quick question:
1) I was just wondering, if there is a spelling difference in Last name (as "Mohammad" in Passport, whereas in Bachelors Degree Certificates "MD") then do I need to mention it while filling the WES application form or just leave it.
2) Let's say if I need to enter in the WES application form then do they need anything (Notary) to prove that "MOHAMMAD" is the full the form of "MD"?

Regards

abhere

May 2, 2015
Hi Abhishek/Shreyas,

I have 2 transcripts with me , one is of Bachelors and other is of Masters.

Shall i pay 207$(200 + 7) and send my transcripts to WES address with WES reference number written on the envelops of transcripts and the main envelope ??

abhere

May 2, 2015
Any suggestion is really appreciated as i have to do the courier Today as per you recommendation ?

AbhishekDesai

Apr 15, 2015
hey abhere
Might as well send both the degrees and get it evaluated and totally depends upon you how urgent it is for you, i paid $233 including the assesement credential package and the harmonized sales tax

Abhishek

AbhishekDesai

Apr 15, 2015
pr dream,
i think might as well get a notary done wouldnt cost much,but will save you from the hassles last minute ,as far am seeing it they need "proof" and answer for everything so might as well!
Hope it helps
Abhishek

pr.dream

Mar 21, 2015
Thanks for your reply Abhi,

Should I send the "Notary" inside the same envelop (with other transcripts) or wait until they ask for it and send it?. BTW, for evaluation WES need only "Transcripts" or other documents like Marks memo, Convocation Certificate and so on? Please, list the required documents below.

Have a good day :)

AbhishekDesai

Apr 15, 2015
hi
bro i aint an agent lol,,, proceed with the evaluation check list ,,notary is for your timesaving ,
and you cant send your transcripts and all ,you have to contact the university and asked them to send it!,they then will issue it sealed signed and enveloped directly to WES or
you can ask them to send it
to your address (but please do not open the envelope) and THEN YOU CAN FORWARD IT TO WES
Hope it helps
Rest as i said i am not an agent i am just giving how i proceeded with mine
Abhishek

pr.dream

Mar 21, 2015
AbhishekDesai said:
hi
bro i aint an agent lol,,, proceed with the evaluation check list ,,notary is for your timesaving ,
and you cant send your transcripts and all ,you have to contact the university and asked them to send it!,they then will issue it sealed signed and enveloped directly to WES or
you can ask them to send it
to your address (but please do not open the envelope) and THEN YOU CAN FORWARD IT TO WES
Hope it helps
Rest as i said i am not an agent i am just giving how i proceeded with mine
Abhishek
Totally understood that you are not an "Agent" LOL. Thought you have some useful info. Cause, you have already done all these things. Thanks for your time. You have a good one.