+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which supportive documents should I send for child not accompanying me to Canada

Loulounic

Aug 11, 2011
I am married to a Canadian who is sponsoring me under Family Class Sponsorship and will file an outland application. I have a child from a previous marriage (minor) whose name is included as dependent on my application form. She will be staying with my ex-wife in Europe as we have split custody. Since she will not be living with me in Canada, which supportive documents should I send ? Apart from proof of medical exam, do I need to provide other supportive documents such as : Photos, Passport, Birth certificate, Citizen card, Proof of split custody, Letter of agreement from ex-wife, etc.?

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Loulounic said:
I am married to a Canadian who is sponsoring me under Family Class Sponsorship and will file an outland application. I have a child from a previous marriage (minor) whose name is included as dependent on my application form. She will be staying with my ex-wife in Europe as we have split custody. Since she will not be living with me in Canada, which supportive documents should I send ? Apart from proof of medical exam, do I need to provide other supportive documents such as : Photos, Passport, Birth certificate, Citizen card, Proof of split custody, Letter of agreement from ex-wife, etc.?
Hello Loulouinc and you will need to provide all of the items you mentioned above (as well as your divorce certificate or decree nisi) and proof that you are up-to-date in child support payments if that is part of your custodial agreement. Also make sure you check your country specific guideline (if you have not done so already) as that is where any slight differences from country to country are outlined with regard to this topic.

Blessings.

Loulounic

Aug 11, 2011
CdnandTrini said:
Hello Loulouinc and you will need to provide all of the items you mentioned above (as well as your divorce certificate or decree nisi) and proof that you are up-to-date in child support payments if that is part of your custodial agreement. Also make sure you check your country specific guideline (if you have not done so already) as that is where any slight differences from country to country are outlined with regard to this topic.

Blessings.
Thanks for the quick reply. Have checked country guidelines as suggested. I can provide divorce certificate and proof of child support payment as weill but since the child will be staying with her mother in Europe, but why would I have to submit a letter from ex-wife authorizing her to live in Canada (which she will never sign) when she will be living with her in Europe ?

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Loulounic said:
Thanks for the quick reply. Have checked country guidelines as suggested. I can provide divorce certificate and proof of child support payment as weill but since the child will be staying with her mother in Europe, but why would I have to submit a letter from ex-wife authorizing her to live in Canada (which she will never sign) when she will be living with her in Europe ?
You are welcome. If the child is non-accompanying you do not have to do this. I am guessing :) you may have read my other answer to another poster who wants their child to accompany them and in that answer (similar to yours but still different) I added that bit of information. Hope that is clear now. Blessings.

Loulounic

Aug 11, 2011
CdnandTrini said:
You are welcome. If the child is non-accompanying you do not have to do this. I am guessing :) you may have read my other answer to another poster who wants their child to accompany them and in that answer (similar to yours but still different) I added that bit of information. Hope that is clear now. Blessings.
Not quite clear yet and realize my situation is different, but somehow your answer was adressed to me.

You now say I don't have to do this as my daughter will not be accompanying me to Canada. Other than proof of medical exam, do I still need to send photos, passport, birth certificate etc. along with proof of split custody and support payment ? Thanks.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Loulounic said:
Not quite clear yet and realize my situation is different, but somehow your answer was adressed to me.

You now say I don't have to do this as my daughter will not be accompanying me to Canada. Other than proof of medical exam, do I still need to send photos, passport, birth certificate etc. along with proof of split custody and support payment ? Thanks.
Hi Loulounic, let me try again :). Even with non-accompanying dependents like your daughter, you do have to include them on the application if you ever want the possibility of sponsoring them in the future, even as adults. CIC rule is that if non-accompanying children are not included on the principle applicant's file (you) they may never be sponsored in future. So yes, for your application you must include all of the above items (photos, passport, birth certificate etc. along with proof of split custody and support payment) for your daughter and there is also a section to explain why she will not be accompanying you. This scenario does not require a letter from your ex.

So let's say at some point in the future you and your ex decide your daughter will come and live with you in Canada when she is 14 years old. That is the situation you would need written agreement from the other parent for. Anything under the age of 18. Now if you sponsored your daughter after the age of 18 you would not need any letter of permission/agreement from your ex. but CIC will actually check back to your original application to ensure your daughter and her documents & medical were submitted at that time.

Let me know if that is more clear now. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Loulounic said:
Everything is clear now - thank you !
Good!! You are most welcome and I gave you your first +1 rating too ;D. Blessings.

Kiran007

Sep 15, 2013
Hi,
I and my husband got permanent resident visa issued from CHC New Delhi; we didn't declare our child in the application because when we filed, she was not born and latter we didn't include because we thought that it would delay the application process and we could include her in Canada; thinking that we flew Canada and on arrival we spoke the truth with CBSA officer that we have an unaccompanied baby back home; immediately they contacted the New Delhi embassy and sent us back; yet they have not cancelled our visa which is valid until march next year. The good thing is that we said it before granting permanent residency to us in Canada and we voluntarily withdrew ourself from Canada.

Now can anybody tell us; will we be able to include our 3 year old baby and get everything back on track?
If yes, how fast, if not what charges they can put us on? .we have lost so much of money, time, energy and felt so bad and exhausted travelling half way through the earth...because of mistake we made

Suggestion would be appreciated

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Kiran007 said:
Hi,
I and my husband got permanent resident visa issued from CHC New Delhi; we didn't declare our child in the application because when we filed, she was not born and latter we didn't include because we thought that it would delay the application process and we could include her in Canada; thinking that we flew Canada and on arrival we spoke the truth with CBSA officer that we have an unaccompanied baby back home; immediately they contacted the New Delhi embassy and sent us back; yet they have not cancelled our visa which is valid until march next year. The good thing is that we said it before granting permanent residency to us in Canada and we voluntarily withdrew ourself from Canada.

Now can anybody tell us; will we be able to include our 3 year old baby and get everything back on track?
If yes, how fast, if not what charges they can put us on? .we have lost so much of money, time, energy and felt so bad and exhausted travelling half way through the earth...because of mistake we made

Suggestion would be appreciated
Hello there, I am very sorry to hear of your situation; however, I am not able to answer this for you as I do not know. You may want to contact a lawyer about this or post your question in the New Delhi visa office thread on this forum. I hope you find some help. Blessings

nervousme

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Canada- Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2012
Med's Done....
26-02-2013, Re-done Sept 2014
Interview........
Decision made Mar 09, 2015
CdnandTrini said:
Good!! You are most welcome and I gave you your first +1 rating too ;D. Blessings.
Hoping someone may know what I should do. What if after being I touch with the other child's Parent ( in our case mom ) who the child lives with and mom has full costudy of the child refuses to take the child for Medicals ?
We have sent her the request and at first she agreed to take the child but has since Changed her mind.
We have it in writing via email correspondence that she does not want to take the child.
What will happen now? I know we need to send this to the officer processing our file. But will they want anything else ? We will still send the birth certificate as requested since we have a copy of it.
Can they refuse our file? Or will they delay it ? It's so sad that the other parent doesn't see they are denying there own child of something. Any info or help is greatly appreciated.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
nervousme said:
Hoping someone may know what I should do. What if after being I touch with the other child's Parent ( in our case mom ) who the child lives with and mom has full costudy of the child refuses to take the child for Medicals ?
We have sent her the request and at first she agreed to take the child but has since Changed her mind.
We have it in writing via email correspondence that she does not want to take the child.
What will happen now? I know we need to send this to the officer processing our file. But will they want anything else ? We will still send the birth certificate as requested since we have a copy of it.
Can they refuse our file? Or will they delay it ? It's so sad that the other parent doesn't see they are denying there own child of something. Any info or help is greatly appreciated.
Just an idea , do you see the child at all . If so why don't you make an appointment and just take her yourself . Now for all i know you may be applying from another country than where you child is , but its just a thought.

Loulounic

Aug 11, 2011
CdnandTrini said:
Hello, Have submitted my application back in September showing that my minor daughter would not accompany me to Canada and have submitted her medical along with mine. There is now an opportunity for my child to accompany me as my wife is ready to sign a document allowing her to live with me in Canada, giving me full custody.

Questions:

Is there a possibiity I can advise CIC in Paris where my application is being treated (since January) that my child will now be accompanying me to Canada? If so, how can I do this and which documents would I have to fill ?

I am being sponsored by my wife who lives in Quebec under Family Class Sponsorhip and wondering if she becomes my daughter's sponsor as well, how long would she be responsible for her ?

If I wait until I become permanent resident, how long do I have to wait before I can sponsor my daughter ?

Thanks for your advice.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Loulounic said:
Hello, Have submitted my application back in September showing that my minor daughter would not accompany me to Canada and have submitted her medical along with mine. There is now an opportunity for my child to accompany me as my wife is ready to sign a document allowing her to live with me in Canada, giving me full custody.

Questions:

Is there a possibiity I can advise CIC in Paris where my application is being treated (since January) that my child will now be accompanying me to Canada? If so, how can I do this and which documents would I have to fill ?

I am being sponsored by my wife who lives in Quebec under Family Class Sponsorhip and wondering if she becomes my daughter's sponsor as well, how long would she be responsible for her ?

If I wait until I become permanent resident, how long do I have to wait before I can sponsor my daughter ?

Thanks for your advice.
Congrats LouLounic, that is good news. I cannot answer all of your questions but there is a thread I will try to find it about changing a "non-accompanying dependent" to accompanying for your first question. Then probably a few other members will chime in on questions #2 and #3. Blessings and I will see if I can send that link for you.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
CdnandTrini said:
Congrats LouLounic, that is good news. I cannot answer all of your questions but there is a thread I will try to find it about changing a "non-accompanying dependent" to accompanying for your first question. Then probably a few other members will chime in on questions #2 and #3. Blessings and I will see if I can send that link for you.
Hi again LLnic, I have not yet been able to find the link but will continue looking and if I do find it will send it along. If your read through all of my posts, it is in there somewhere!!! Or try searching the main thread or sometimes even Googling is faster to bring you the specific details you need from this site.