+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which province should I move to?

Sep 11, 2022
Mississauga
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Hi everyone, I'm currently living in Ontario and considering moving to other provinces to obtain the PR easier. I'm considering 2 options: Quebec and Alberta.

A little bit about my self: My NOC is 13201, TEER 3 and I have been working for 7 months. I'm currently on PGWP (will expire in Sep 2025).

I'm willing to learn French to live in Quebec if that's possible to get the PR faster.

Thank you for your time!

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
This is not a question for us - it's a question for you. You need to balance your needs of getting PR easily and a province in which you think you'll be happy. Applying via PNP is a long-term commitment to live in the province that nominates you. It is too hard to tell someone "Alberta" or "Quebec" because there are far too many variables that go into the environment a person would be happy with.

So if you enjoy French, French culture, dames de Montreal, a lively cultural scene and you have good opportunities there, then you should consider Quebec. Keep in mind Quebec, which is already has a "French first" mentality, is quickly tightening the screws and instituting laws to ensure that people who live there speak and transact in French as a default way of life.

If you enjoy dealing with Canadian rednecks who hoist F*ck Trudeau flags in every second pick-up truck, -55C arctic winds, amazing mountains, no concept of public transportation, the worst drivers in Canada, a relatively low population and great food, then you should consider Alberta.

Reactions: Baotran_canada

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone, I'm currently living in Ontario and considering moving to other provinces to obtain the PR easier. I'm considering 2 options: Quebec and Alberta.

A little bit about my self: My NOC is 13201, TEER 3 and I have been working for 7 months. I'm currently on PGWP (will expire in Sep 2025).

I'm willing to learn French to live in Quebec if that's possible to get the PR faster.

Thank you for your time!
My two cents is to avoid Quebec if you're not already fluent in French. People on this forum have had extremely bad experiences with that province's immigration programs (worse than other provinces). Plus you technically can't apply under CEC / FSW if you are in Quebec. Too many negatives with Quebec. Maritimes are a better choice.

Sep 11, 2022
Mississauga
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Hi moscatojuices,

Thank you for the advice. I'll choose Quebec, learning French is my main concern but there are free courses offered by the Quebec government.

Btw, seems like you live in Saskatchewan, how was the process of getting the PR?

Regards,

Sep 11, 2022
Mississauga
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Hi scylla,

Thank you for the advice.

Since I graduated in Canada, I'll apply for Express Entry under CEC. Looks like you're still eligible even if you're residing in Quebec (Reference).

Yes, I believe that Quebec does not welcome immigrants as other parts of Canada. Maybe my plan is to live in Quebec for 1 year and will move to Atlantics provinces if it doesn't work out.

ragolliangatan

Jun 1, 2021
Hi scylla,

Thank you for the advice.

Since I graduated in Canada, I'll apply for Express Entry under CEC. Looks like you're still eligible even if you're residing in Quebec (Reference).

Yes, I believe that Quebec does not welcome immigrants as other parts of Canada. Maybe my plan is to live in Quebec for 1 year and will move to Atlantics provinces if it doesn't work out.
The page you have shared states that you can use your work experience from Quebec for CEC, not that you can apply for CEC if you intend to live in Quebec. I'm not sure why you would assume moving to Quebec would make it easier to get PR- it's actually easier in every other province. I have a couple of friends who live in Quebec and they applied for PR the same time as me Jan 2022 and I've got my PR now as I live in B.C and they still look like they have another year to go in their process.

If you plan to live immigrate to Quebec note that you still need to get a CSQ from Quebec Quebec has it's own immigration process. I would also not underestimate the amount of French language skills you will need in order to pass the French language tests.

Express Entry does not exist in Quebec, they have their own process, you need to go through Quebec's own system which is fairly slow.

Last edited: