+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which program i should choose for better visa chances

Bashir.Ahmad

Dec 8, 2020
Hello Everyone

I got offer letter from University of Winnipeg in 1 year Advanced Business Management Postgraduate Diploma and the fees is 12500 CAD. They are offering Leadership, Project Management and Management certificates and also i will become eligible to apply for CIM Certification.

Second offer letter i got from University Canada West MBA program. Fees for the 1st year is 17500 CAD and for 2nd year i received 5000 CAD scholarship and fees is reduced to 12500 CAD for 2nd year.

I did 2 years Bachelor of Commerce and 2 years Masters in Public Administration (Equal to 4 years Bachelor at the international level). I also have 2 years job experience in HR and Administration.

Please guide and explain which program i should choose for better visa chances.

arhue

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Avoid UCW. Doesn't have the best reputation. Try to get admission to a program which can show study progression(something like masters from a decent university would be the best).

Reactions: Bashir.Ahmad

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Unfortunately, neither of these choices give you a great shot at approval.

1.uWinnipeg is a good DLI, but you are applying a PACE/PGD program after a full 4-year degree program. This will likely get you refused.
2. Like previous responder said, avoid UCW (and private unis in general).Unless you don't intend to use your MBA to get a job in Canada.

Reactions: Bashir.Ahmad

Bashir.Ahmad

Dec 8, 2020
Unfortunately, neither of these choices give you a great shot at approval.

1.uWinnipeg is a good DLI, but you are applying a PACE/PGD program after a full 4-year degree program. This will likely get you refused.
2. Like previous responder said, avoid UCW (and private unis in general).Unless you don't intend to use your MBA to get a job in Canada.
The eligibility criteria to get admission in University of Winnipeg 1 years advanced business Management program is 4 years Bachelor and 1 year job experience. I meet up their criteria. Then whats wrong ? Why visa officer not approve my visa

Bashir.Ahmad

Dec 8, 2020
Avoid UCW. Doesn't have the best reputation. Try to get admission to a program which can show study progression(something like masters from a decent university would be the best).
So you think that PGD diploma donot show study progression? The eligibility criteria to get admission in 1 year Advanced Business Management diploma is 4 years bachelors and 1 year job experience. Everybody cannot get admission. Why visa officer will not give visa on the basis of pgd

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
The eligibility criteria to get admission in University of Winnipeg 1 years advanced business Management program is 4 years Bachelor and 1 year job experience. I meet up their criteria. Then whats wrong ? Why visa officer not approve my visa
I didn't say they WILL refuse but the likelihood is high, going by what we see on here. PGD is not on the same level as a Master's. if you've already done a 4 year degree AND have work experience, chances are you won't get anything from a PGD that you don't already know - spending such huge amount on it is therefore not justified in the VO's view.

Which leaves them with the next obvious reason - immigration.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hello Everyone

I got offer letter from University of Winnipeg in 1 year Advanced Business Management Postgraduate Diploma and the fees is 12500 CAD. They are offering Leadership, Project Management and Management certificates and also i will become eligible to apply for CIM Certification.

Second offer letter i got from University Canada West MBA program. Fees for the 1st year is 17500 CAD and for 2nd year i received 5000 CAD scholarship and fees is reduced to 12500 CAD for 2nd year.

I did 2 years Bachelor of Commerce and 2 years Masters in Public Administration (Equal to 4 years Bachelor at the international level). I also have 2 years job experience in HR and Administration.

Please guide and explain which program i should choose for better visa chances.
I have slightly different view about UCW. I know it is private & all but I have contacted current students via Linkedin and they had good feedback to share. The professors there are also lecturers in other esteemed public universities & they also had a management change which has improved lot of things around.

However, this would be ideal if you already have good years of experience behind you. This covers up for the lack of not studying in Public UNI. Also if your ultimate goal is PR by getting in those additional points then why not.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
I didn't say they WILL refuse but the likelihood is high, going by what we see on here. PGD is not on the same level as a Master's. if you've already done a 4 year degree AND have work experience, chances are you won't get anything from a PGD that you don't already know - spending such huge amount on it is therefore not justified in the VO's view.

Which leaves them with the next obvious reason - immigration.
I don't think they mind about the immigration part as they know most of the potential students are coming to Canada with a goal of PR in mind & the Govt infact supports it by running various programs targeted at students. Their main concern is with people staying back illegally. The problem is, they are unable to separate the good from the bad and seem to be applying this rule purely based on someone's status now and not on the actual profile capability of that person. E:g - If I see someone with a good career progression, travel history, no overstay fines, etc then I would give the benefit of doubt and say this person has all the capability to get PR 'Legally' and wont end up on streets by overstaying.

Reactions: ChaChaVidhayakHain

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I don't think they mind about the immigration part as they know most of the potential students are coming to Canada with a goal of PR in mind & the Govt infact supports it by running various programs targeted at students. Their main concern is with people staying back illegally. The problem is, they are unable to separate the good from the bad and seem to be applying this rule purely based on someone's status now and not on the actual profile capability of that person. E:g - If I see someone with a good career progression, travel history, no overstay fines, etc then I would give the benefit of doubt and say this person has all the capability to get PR 'Legally' and wont end up on streets by overstaying.
Completely Agree.

It's the sifting process that is the issue - it's highly subjective so our best bet as prospective students is to prevent an airtight case.