+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which professions do not follow these guidelines?

arvind92

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/assessing-applications-against-minimum-requirements.html

If you click on the above link,

There is a note which says,
'
Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description.
'

My question is,which professions don't follow these guidelines in which the 'employment requirements' of a NOC are important ?

I had asked 'legalfalcon' the same and he did confirm that most professions do follow these guidelines but certain ones dont.

MY NOC 2274 is has these requirements,

'

• Employment requirements
    • Completion of secondary school is required.
    • Completion of a three-year cadet program in marine engineering from an approved marine training institute
      or
      Approximately three years of experience as an engine room crew member and six months of formal training at an approved marine training institute
      or
      Approximately three years of experience as an engine mechanic and six months of experience as an engine room crew member are required for certification as a fourth class marine engineer.
    • A marine engineer officer certificate of competency, issued by Transport Canada, is required.

'

Problems with these requirements are that I as a non Canadian don't have these 'three years cadet programs' in my country nor I am entitled to get a certificate from Transport Canada.

So am I right to assume I don't need to meet these 'employment requirements'????

Thank you.