+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

which private health care plans in Toronto?

basti

Nov 16, 2013
Hello,

We will be in Toronto within 2 weeks.
We are newcomer (3 person = husband+wife+7 years daughter)
and we will stay to finish our formalities lik SIN, PR-Cards etc. and then we will come back to home.
Can someone please let me know where I can find suitable and reasonable a private health care plans that provide health coverage for the 3 months interim in Ontario .
How much will be cost of it for us?
I'm sure there are older posts but I can't seem to find any.

Which private health care can be recommended for our situation?

Thank you in advance for your recommendation

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am confused now. First you say you are only coming to take care of your cards and then you say you need insurance for the 3 month waiting period? You realize that you are not eligible for OHIP unless you stay in Ontario for 5 months out of your first 6? If you are not planning on staying for 5 months for this trip or you plan to leave for more than a month before coming back, you will not be eligible for OHIP after 3 months.

Now, you will probably ask how will they know if you leave again and the answer is, maybe they wont and maybe you would get your OHIP card after 3 months, however, if you then leave and later come back and use your OHIP without having stayed 5 months out of the first 6, it will be considered fraud and you will at the very least be back charged for all medical services they unjustly paid for you and possibly some further legal consequences may follow.

basti

Nov 16, 2013
Dear Leon,

When I begin to read in this forum and post some inquiries I didn't expect to be treated with such disrespect, or to be prejudiced as if I am a fraudulent or Beggar etc...I expected to meet people who have experience and would like to help newcomers and share their situations with ...
I am a very honest self-dependent and hardworking guy, I am not trying to trick anybody, or get benefits or services which I am not eligible for, my manner and self-respect prevent me from doing such things not the rules, I believe that one can't trick himself even if he could betray others. I am just trying to consider all the situations that i may encounter to be prepared and to help myself finding the right decision and to avoid any uncountable problems since I am coming with my family and not alone which is by far easier to survive, beside it is normal to compare the life I lead here and the life in totally different new country you can imagine how confused I am right now.
Let me explain you something, at the beginning I was thinking to come directly and try to find a job since i am fresh graduated, but then after long research I come to the Idea to land at the first then return to home and consider the situation again deeply including my own experience in Canada.
During the time that I'll spend in Canada I will need of course a private health insurance in case anything happen to me or my family.
I don't intend to get the OHIP or any other services unless i decide to stay in Canada.
I am so sad about your unfriendly previous replay.

Regards

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you are taking my message the wrong way. I only advised you that if you plan to come and arrange your cards (including OHIP) and then leaving again without meeting OHIP eligibility requirements it would be considered fraud.

You should be thanking me for warning you about making such a mistake instead of complaining that I am unfriendly.

haver

May 30, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Basti! All the Canadian insurance companies cover in Ontario, so you can choose any that suits you best. Our company works with all the insurance companies in Canada, so you are more than welcome to email us at arbetov.office@gmail.com or send a message in private for quotes. We also have a calculator on our site. You can see the difference in prices and coverage among all the companies.

Last edited: