+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which place is better to apply Canada PhD student VISA

RAZU

Apr 26, 2015
Hi

I am an Indian,holding New Zealand work permit Visa until mid 2016.I am gonna start my PhD at uni of Saskatchewan from fall 2015.
My question to all is which place would be better to apply canada PhD student Visa?
I mean apply from New Zealand or go back to India and apply for canada PhD student Visa??taking into account of processing time and acceptance rate.

Please help me and share your valuable experience..

Thanks in advance..

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Razu,

I'm an Egyptian and I applied while I was in the UK. I was there on a student visa. As long as you're a legal resident of New Zealand, there shouldn't be a problem applying from there.

-Doda.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You're welcome :)

Where are going to study?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great..good luck with your visa and studies.

adi17

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Hyderabad
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2015
IELTS Request
8.5, Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
RAZU

can you elaborate on the procedures for apply for PhD when you're half way across the world. As professors are way too busy to even respond, do you have any tips and advice?

RAZU

Apr 26, 2015
I would like to share my experience which would be helpful for you and many others who are interested regarding PhD process and procedure....

prepeare an effective CV,write one or two paragraphs of SOP quoting your scholastic,research achievements,industrial experience or interenships and etc,Projects undergone,and include your research journal papers/articles/patents if you have already published.mention clearly about CGPA/%/grades obtained in your previous degree (mention whether you have completed course based or thesis based program),IELTS/TOEFL and GRE score if you are having..

Select the University you are interested to pursue your dream PhD,Email to the concerned professor(s) whose area of research/interest is similar to the area of your interest you are planning to conduct further research,I don't know about others but to be honest I have emailed more than once a professor,if you still don't get reply than its better to look for another university/professor.

Your one to two paragraph email (SOP) should contain all the details which I have mentioned above,if a professor(s) goes through it once he should be able to figure out your research ability.

This is how I have done and have been successful.
For any questions/doubts you are (any one in the forum) always welcome I am ready to help...

RAZU

Apr 26, 2015
No matter how busy the professor(s) are if they like your profile sure they are going to reply you,if you email 10 professor(s) expect atleast 1-2 replies irrespective of positive or negative response.if you are lucky you get more than 2-3 out of 10.

adi17

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Hyderabad
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2015
IELTS Request
8.5, Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
RAZU said:
No matter how busy the professor(s) are if they like your profile sure they are going to reply you,if you email 10 professor(s) expect atleast 1-2 replies irrespective of positive or negative response.if you are lucky you get more than 2-3 out of 10.
Thanks buddy.

saynotocat

Jul 14, 2015
hi Razu
I am from India. want to pursue my Phd in english literature from Canada. i have done my MA in English, and have been teaching in a college under Delhi University since 2010.
What i want to know from you is that my MA degree course was a course based programme, will it be considered less acceptable? is finding a supervisor prior to application most important to get through in Phd?
i am a bit nervous also because i am going to apply abroad for the first time, thinking about the cut-throat competition for getting admission there. how many universities in canada i should apply and how to select them? PLEASE GIVE SOME SUGGESTION.
tHANKS IN ADVANCE.