+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which one to apply visitors or supervisa for 85 years old Grandparents

Jaydeepsinh

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
Please help.

I want to apply a visa for my grandparents for a quick visit to Canada in summer.

Grandparents birth year:

Father: Birth Year 1930

Mother: Birth year 1934

Their intended stay in Canada would be maximum 30 days.

My question is which visa should I apply – Visitors or Super?

Thanks,

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Please help.

I want to apply a visa for my grandparents for a quick visit to Canada in summer.

Grandparents birth year:

Father: Birth Year 1930

Mother: Birth year 1934

Their intended stay in Canada would be maximum 30 days.

My question is which visa should I apply – Visitors or Super?

Thanks,
It would depend on their individual circumstances. For example, do they have a good financial situation? Property ownership? Other assets and ties to their home country? Are they medically fit?

Jaydeepsinh

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
It would depend on their individual circumstances. For example, do they have a good financial situation? Property ownership? Other assets and ties to their home country? Are they medically fit?
Thank you for your reply.

Yes - for financial situation, Property, Assets and Medical.

Given that this..what do you suggest Visitors or Super? If Visitor - happy to take medical insurance from Canada.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you for your reply.

Yes - for financial situation, Property, Assets and Medical.

Given that this..what do you suggest Visitors or Super? If Visitor - happy to take medical insurance from Canada.

Please advise.

Thanks,
As their intended stay is only for a month + if they are able to demonstrate strong ties/ good personal financial situation/ previous travel to other visa-required countries.... then a TRV is best. They must include overseas travel medical insurance.

Super visas won't be granted for such short stays even if requested (based on recent posts).

They might be asked to go through medicals

Jaydeepsinh

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
As their intended stay is only for a month + if they are able to demonstrate strong ties/ good personal financial situation/ previous travel to other visa-required countries.... then a TRV is best. They must include overseas travel medical insurance.

Super visas won't be granted for such short stays even if requested (based on recent posts).

They might be asked to go through medicals
Thank you for your response.

They do not have previous travel history as such. This may be the first visit. Given that I can arrange Medical Insurance from Canada and I proceed with TRV, what would you suggest in terms of performing Medical prior to submit TRV application? or should I wait until instructed post TRV application?

Thanks,

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you for your response.

They do not have previous travel history as such. This may be the first visit. Given that I can arrange Medical Insurance from Canada and I proceed with TRV, what would you suggest in terms of performing Medical prior to submit TRV application? or should I wait until instructed post TRV application?

Thanks,
It's just a possibility that they might be asked to do medicals. If required, the visa office will request it