+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which one is the right form? [NEED HELP]

awaisakhtar63

Jan 16, 2014
Is there anyone can help me?

I am new to all this and confused which thing is right for me.

My father is in Canada and applied for PR card and also want to sponsor the family members who are outside Canada.

Two days ago he received a letter from Case Processing Centre Vegreville saying​

"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility to apply for permanent residence status..........
........Overseas office in Islamabad is responsible for processing the application for permanent residence of your family members outside Canada.
Please note that application forms for your family members will not be sent by the mission. you or your family members are responsible for obtaining and completing the required application forms for all listed dependents, which must be sent to the visa office in ISLAMABAD. the required application forms IMM0008 and Schedule A for your dependents are to be obtained on the internet at: www .cic .gc .ca /english /information /applications /index.asp #outside "​

Now I have to do all the paper work as I am in Pakistan. But now when i clink on the above mentioned link to download forms it was a page with categories and i don't know which one to choose. even i searched with Form Quick Find but it show many forms with the name of IMM0008 and i have no idea which form is right for me to download or i 'll have to download and fill all forms named IMM0008. and what is schedule A.

Kindly help me understanding these things

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Here you will find all the forms you need plus a guide on how to fill out the application: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp#immigrate

You father is the sponsor, your mother is the principal applicant (immigrant) and the children are dependents. The application will be first sent to the Mississauga office (CPC-M) for sponsorship approval first, then it will forwarded to the visa office in your country of nationality or country of residence (in your case, Islamabad).

The office in Vegreville is for inland applications, and since your father's family members are not living in Canada at the moment, you must send your application to Mississauga.

If you have any questions about the process or are confused about what to write on the forms, there are a lot of helpful people on this forum.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
awaisakhtar63 said:
My father is in Canada and applied for PR card and also want to sponsor the family members who are outside Canada.

Two days ago he received a letter from Case Processing Centre Vegreville saying [/left]

"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility to apply for permanent residence status.....
You're not very clear in your post and need to provide more information.

What is your father's current status? The line I bolded indicates that your father has applied for permanent residency but is NOT yet a PR.

awaisakhtar63

Jan 16, 2014
canuck_in_uk
Thanks for your prompt response.

He is not a permanent resident and has just applied for.

but the thing i am confused about is IMM0008 and Schedule A. CPC ask to complete this/these form(s) and submit i dont know which form is right as there are many forms on CIC website named IMM0008. just want to know which one is correct.

awaisakhtar63

Jan 16, 2014
Also thanks to Avadava

you gave me very useful information. i dont want to discuss Vegerville or Mississuaga as i am already confused for the Forms.

the link you posted here contain following forms:

1.Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 366 KB) November 2013
2.Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 472 KB) July 2011
3.Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 170 KB) December 2012
4.Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 88 KB) September 2013
5.Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire [IMM 5490] (PDF, 142 KB) August 2013
6.Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 55 KB) April 2013

This is a set of 6 forms and i dont know if my mother have to submit all the six or only IMM0008 from the above forms.

lastly, what is Schedule A.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
awaisakhtar63 said:
canuck_in_uk
Thanks for your prompt response.

He is not a permanent resident and has just applied for.

but the thing i am confused about is IMM0008 and Schedule A. CPC ask to complete this/these form(s) and submit i dont know which form is right as there are many forms on CIC website named IMM0008. just want to know which one is correct.
The information Avadava posted is not applicable to your situation. That is for Canadian citizens and PRs who want to sponsor their family, as is this entire section of the forum.

This is not a family class application, it is an economic class application, with your father as the principal applicant and his family as his dependents. I suggest you post in the Skilled Worker/Professional Immigration Section of the forum http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/skilled-worker-professional-immigration-b4.0/