+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which one is faster from India: online or paper-based application?

jkjk11

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I am from India and interested in travelling to Canada soon and would like to know whether I should go for online or paper-based tourist visa application? Please share your experiences / timelines. I would be truly grateful. Thanks alot.

tajinder107

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
while online application will take 40 to 45 days , paper application will take only 10/15 days.
go for paper application as online refusal rate is more

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
There are no statistics for the processing time taken for online applications versus those for paper applications.... ditto for refusal rates

RoadtoCanada

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Online is definitely faster.. I applied tourist visa for my in-laws and we got passport request in just 2 days..
Just make sure that you provide all the required documents..

harinder1827

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just submit all of your documents. It's an assumption of rejection for online application. CIC is not that stupid!! ;D ;D

maddyavula

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Hi
Even am applying visit visa for my daughter, so I was just wondering whether you applied ur inlaws visa from india or from canada? And can I please know when did you apply..so that I will get an rough estimation about time period.

Thanks in advance.

gvbhamid

Feb 2, 2016
Dear Roadtocanada,

What proof of funds did you provide for the Visa? I'm looking to apply for Visitors visa for my parents. If I provide a letter stating that I'll bare their expenses during their stay in Canada, would that be sufficient? What happens after the application is submitted?

Thanks in advance,
G.

vivek sharma

Feb 4, 2016
my sister applied online from Canada as I m visiting for my my niece first b'day and I provide evry document I needed but I didn't here back from them yet...... any other who is dealing with the same situation or waiting for trv.

jkjk11

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences & inputs. I still need to collect more information and then can make the decision whether to go for online or paper-based.

Appreciate your efforts.

jkjk11

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
By the way, what about biometrics when one is applying from India?

How to submit them while applying with online or paper-based application?

There is no VFS Global office in my city, so can anyone please who has already applied share information on that?

Thanks alot in advance.